Remember me
▼ Content

Is education the solution?

Is education the solution?22-12-2015 16:56
ksmithart
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Is education the solution to solving the global warming debate? Why is this topic the most contested today?? Your input would help me understand so much more....
22-12-2015 16:59
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
I think it's mostly because the elite lying to people saying CO2 put into the air cause warming, so they want to tax people to do air capture and sequestration by removing CO2 from the atmosphere and put into ground. That way they would earn trillions and trillions of tax dollars from hard working families who are already struggling.

Removing CO2 from the air will do nothing to temperature, will kill off crops, will causing famine and starvation, all in the name of tax dollars for the elite.
Edited on 22-12-2015 17:14
22-12-2015 17:57
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
ksmithart wrote:
Is education the solution to solving the global warming debate? Why is this topic the most contested today?? Your input would help me understand so much more....

Certainly education helps. If there is a better understanding of the issue it can be dealt with far more rationally.

What is your basic understanding of the problem?
22-12-2015 19:23
ksmithart
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Hello, the reason I asked, is because I'm looking to create a website that encourages people to take ownership of their role in the global warming debate... to understand and be aware of the "facts" surrounding the topic and how it affect each will affect them. I'm a neophyte to the topic but realise how important it is Tim... I'm not sure if the majority understand the concepts of it.
22-12-2015 20:01
still learning
★★☆☆☆
(244)
ksmithart wrote:
.....I'm looking to create a website....I'm a neophyte to the topic.....

Seems to me that you'll need to become a non-neophyte to make a useful website. Already lots of websites expressing simplistic views, websites that simply repeat what is already out there. Might not too long to become a non-neophyte though.

Education?
Education on climate change itself? Lots of places for that already. Trouble is, it really helps if folks have some understanding of basic physics and chemistry. So many, especially here in the US, don't. Without that basic understanding I don't think it's possible to actually understand the physics of the greenhouse effect, even qualitatively. Folks without that basic understanding then essentially have to take all statements about climate change on faith. Faith that what is being said is true.

Education on what to do about climate change?
So much of what to do about climate change involves questions of economics, business, jobs, livelihoods, taxes, politics. Religion too.

One thing, there's a lot of "disinformation" out there. Some intentional, some inadvertent, but a lot of incorrect information. A lot of opinion based on disinformation too.
22-12-2015 21:54
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
ksmithart wrote:
Hello, the reason I asked, is because I'm looking to create a website that encourages people to take ownership of their role in the global warming debate... to understand and be aware of the "facts" surrounding the topic and how it affect each will affect them. I'm a neophyte to the topic but realise how important it is Tim... I'm not sure if the majority understand the concepts of it.

What is your basic understanding of the problem?

Join the debate Is education the solution?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate Change + Pandemic + Gun Rocket War + Economy Money = Divine World Solution028-12-2023 05:09
Californicators attempt ocean climate solution121-04-2023 18:18
problem solution essays417-02-2022 11:55
The Best Solution For The Natural Resources Battle Is Having New Global Law Of Fair Distribution114-01-2022 06:35
The End Of The US Petrol Dollar: Fair Solution For Global Energy Crisis Of Oil Gas309-01-2022 16:51
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact