Remember me
▼ Content

India's drought: A natural calamity or a man-made one?

India's drought: A natural calamity or a man-made one?09-05-2013 06:10
alizeeniklas
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
It's that "Will they? Won't they?" time of year in India. The annual monsoon season is due and – given that the country's mostly rain-fed agriculture makes up 15 percent of gross domestic product, with hundreds of millions of Indians dependent on it – these rains are a serious business.
Before its onset in June, right through the end of the season in September, we track the monsoon's trajectory, pore over data, question forecasters, speak to pundits – all in hope of getting an accurate analysis on whether India will receive timely and adequate rainfall.

This year, initial forecasts predict an average amount of rainfall.

However, for some states like India's drought-hit western regionof Maharashtra, even if the rains are plentiful, it won't solve itswater crisis.

MORE INFO AT:
http://crowncapitalecomngment.blogspot.com/
Attached image:

Join the debate India's drought: A natural calamity or a man-made one?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Burn Gasoline and Natural Gas To Fight Against Climate Change2504-01-2024 06:33
Pro-Palestinian protester arrested in death of Jewish man Paul Kessler. Told you so.016-11-2023 21:56
BREAKING NEWS- Woody Harrelson voted in as new Worlds smartest man003-03-2023 15:29
Man freed from jail for committing a crime that never even happened. LOL they tried that with me too316-02-2023 19:01
Man's energy use actually does explain climate change1809-02-2023 03:27
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact