Remember me
▼ Content

Impact Of Climate Change

Impact Of Climate Change15-03-2016 12:31
Neeha
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Climate change is a change in the statistical distribution of weather patterns when that change lasts for an extended period of time (i.e., decades to millions of years). Climate change may refer to a change in average weather conditions, or in the time variation of weather around longer-term average conditions (i.e., more or fewer extreme weather events). Climate change is caused by factors such as biotic processes, variations in solar radiation received by Earth, plate tectonics, and volcanic eruptions. Certain human activities have also been identified as significant causes of recent climate change, often referred to as global warming. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change)
RE: Apparently it's WEATHER Change15-03-2016 16:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
Neeha wrote:Climate change is a change in the statistical distribution of weather patterns when that change lasts for an extended period of time (i.e., decades to millions of years).

Show of hands...who is gullible enough to buy this crap?

1. What constitutes a weather "pattern"? I certainly hope there is some specific pattern that constitutes a "weather pattern" otherwise it becomes a meaningless term that can be arbitrarily applied, or not applied, to arrive at any desired predetermined conclusion.

2. Which statistical distribution is the one that determines "climate change"? I hope it's not the case that just any statistical distribution can be used to make the determination because that means that any formula can be applied to achieve any desired predetermined conclusion.

3. Why must the time period in question be one that is so far in the future that we cannot verify the veracity of the WACKY claims in any short term? Why must the entire premise remain unfalsifiable?

Neeha wrote: Climate change may refer to a change in average weather conditions, or in the time variation of weather around longer-term average conditions (i.e., more or fewer extreme weather events).

More problems.

1. Why use the word "climate"? If you are speaking about weather change then why not simply call it "weather change"? Clearly weather changes and that's what you're discussing. I don't see where the word "climate" comes into play. What is the "global climate" anyway?

2. If the basis for measure is itself subjective, i.e. what constitutes an extreme weather event, then all conclusions become based on subjective opinion and not on falsifiable science.

3. What is "average weather"? Could you give me an example? What was last week's average weather, globally? If you can't say for what it was last week, how are you going to say what it is over, say, thirty years or a thousand?

Neeha wrote: Climate change is caused by factors such as biotic processes, variations in solar radiation received by Earth, plate tectonics, and volcanic eruptions.

That has yet to be seen. You must first explain what "climate" is and judging by the looks of it, you aren't doing a very good job. Thus far you have described it as unspecified mathematical manipulation of undefined yet subjective weather change "average condition" numbers that don't seem to exist in the first place.

What are "climate's" units of measure? The same as weather?

Neeha wrote: Certain human activities have also been identified as significant causes of recent climate change, often referred to as global warming.

Nope. Same problem. No one has ever identified a scientific explanation for causes of unspecified/undefined effects.

Neeha wrote:(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change)

Oh. You have only Wikipedia? No authoritative sources?

Dismissed.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
04-06-2016 06:21
jackk
☆☆☆☆☆
(4)
hello,

As per the researches The primary causes of climate change is the burning of fossil fuels, such as coal and oil, which release greenhouse gases into the atmosphere—mainly carbon dioxide. Other kind of human activities, such as deforestation and agriculture is also contribute to the propogation of greenhouse gases that cause climate change.While some of quantities of these gases are a naturally happening and becomes a critical part of Earth's temperature control system, the atmospheric magnitude of CO2 did not rise above 300 parts per million between the advent of human civilization roughly 10,000 years ago and 1900. In current it is at about 400 ppm, a level not reached in more than 400,000 years.Increased in burning of fossil fuels contributes to climate change.

------

-----

climate change
04-06-2016 10:59
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
jackk wrote:
hello,

As per the researches The primary causes of climate change is the burning of fossil fuels, such as coal and oil, which release greenhouse gases into the atmosphere—mainly carbon dioxide. Other kind of human activities, such as deforestation and agriculture is also contribute to the propogation of greenhouse gases that cause climate change.While some of quantities of these gases are a naturally happening and becomes a critical part of Earth's temperature control system, the atmospheric magnitude of CO2 did not rise above 300 parts per million between the advent of human civilization roughly 10,000 years ago and 1900. In current it is at about 400 ppm, a level not reached in more than 400,000 years.Increased in burning of fossil fuels contributes to climate change.

If the primary cause of climate change is the burning of fossil fuels why has the climate changed so much before that was happening?

I ask you to be more precise with your language. Did you mean; The primary cause of climate change today is the burning of fossil fuels?

The reply would then be that the climate has been extremely stable for the last couple of decades whilst huge amounts of fossil fuels have been burnt. You will need to explain this.

Perhaps you would prefer; The primary cause of climate change in the period 1979 to 1998 was the burning of fossil fuels. Obviously you would still need to explain the other periods. I think you will struggle to do so.
05-06-2016 11:39
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
jackk wrote:
hello,

...deleted propaganda link...

By what instrumentation are you measuring the amount of carbon dioxide produced by man vs that produced by nature?

By what instrumentation are you measuring global temperature? Remember we have no thermometers in most parts of the world, and we have almost none in the atmosphere or at anything but some surface buoys. Since temperature can vary widely within a single mile, how can you gain any kind of useful average?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Impact Of Climate Change:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate change - effects, impact and solutions3417-08-2023 08:19
Mobile carbonalyser: an app to estimate your mobile environmental impact1109-01-2020 02:25
Relatable Warming Impact Articles & Studies2022-11-2019 16:38
Local Impact of Climate Change001-06-2019 22:00
Climate impact self assessment001-05-2019 00:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact