Remember me
▼ Content

If all the heat goes into the ocean then why would there be hot summer in any given year?

If all the heat goes into the ocean then why would there be hot summer in any given year?14-01-2019 17:55
Tai Hai Chen
★★★☆☆
(526)
Might as well say all the heat from the sun goes into the ocean so it's cold all year long year after year, no?
16-01-2019 03:47
HarveyH55
★★☆☆☆
(218)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Might as well say all the heat from the sun goes into the ocean so it's cold all year long year after year, no?

If we are so close to a climate-crisis, why are we still having severe winter weather every year? Doesn't CO2 work the same during the winter months?
16-01-2019 19:30
Into the Night
★★★★★
(6284)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

If we are so close to a climate-crisis, why are we still having severe winter weather every year? Doesn't CO2 work the same during the winter months?

Heh. Sorry about that storm we sent you! Glad you are in Florida to weather it out!

We have another series of storms coming in. They are approaching our shores even now. I don't think these will be as nasty as that last one though!

The Parrot Killer
16-01-2019 22:17
HarveyH55
★★☆☆☆
(218)
The only way there could be a warming trend, is if they throw out winter temperature readings. Maybe they know they can't depend on everyone actually going out in the cold to check their thermometers regular. Doesn't really support warming anyway...

We only got a daytime high of 53 F today, suppose to drop to low 40s tonight. This isn't suppose to happen in Florida, and the IPCC is concerned about a few degrees warming by 2100? They really need to quit messing, or we might drop down in the 30s. Guess all that predicted warm weather won't come, until after I'm rotting in the ground...
17-01-2019 04:54
Into the Night
★★★★★
(6284)
HarveyH55 wrote:
The only way there could be a warming trend, is if they throw out winter temperature readings. Maybe they know they can't depend on everyone actually going out in the cold to check their thermometers regular. Doesn't really support warming anyway...

Actually, the usual tactic is to start using the buzzword phrase 'climate change' instead of the buzzword phrase 'global warming'. This way they can blame the harsh winters on a different buzzword that doesn't have the word 'warming' in it.
HarveyH55 wrote:
We only got a daytime high of 53 F today, suppose to drop to low 40s tonight. This isn't suppose to happen in Florida, and the IPCC is concerned about a few degrees warming by 2100? They really need to quit messing, or we might drop down in the 30s. Guess all that predicted warm weather won't come, until after I'm rotting in the ground...

Nah. They have no clue. No one can predict what the Sun will do.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate If all the heat goes into the ocean then why would there be hot summer in any given year?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why would an atmosphere made of O2 not trap heat?1511-01-2019 19:25
Whirlpool theory of ocean deadzones?222-12-2018 15:50
Work and Heat8126-06-2018 22:52
Is there an equation available for black body irradiated heat loss vs. font?023-06-2018 10:01
The 100 Year Weather Forecast814-06-2018 13:03
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact