Remember me
▼ Content

How Seaweeds could help mitigate Climate Change?

How Seaweeds could help mitigate Climate Change?05-09-2018 20:42
SAN-DIRECT
☆☆☆☆☆
(4)
Learn about Seaweeds' role in mitigating climate change at http://iasexpress.net/seaweed-farming/
Attached image:

06-09-2018 05:31
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Not really understanding the underlined point....
Attached image:

06-09-2018 05:45
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
SAN-DIRECT wrote:
Learn about Seaweeds' role in mitigating climate change

How do you mitigate something that is undefined? Define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-09-2018 05:45
SAN-DIRECT
☆☆☆☆☆
(4)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Not really understanding the underlined point....

It's actually a pretty big issue in India. The farmers' suicides in India, also known as the agrarian crisis, is the phenomenon of suicides among Indian farmers from 1990 to the present due to various factors. One big reason is the lack of yield due to large-scale use of High Yield Variety (HYV) seeds after the 1970s that required high usage of chemical fertilizers which resulted in the loss of soil productivity and groundwater in the long term. Therefore, seaweeds can be used effectively as organic fertilizers and help improve crop yields considerably as it will improve soil productivity. Thus it helps prevent farmers suicides.

Thanks for taking the time to read my article. I really appreciate it.
Edited on 06-09-2018 05:52
06-09-2018 06:04
SAN-DIRECT
☆☆☆☆☆
(4)
Into the Night wrote:
SAN-DIRECT wrote:
Learn about Seaweeds' role in mitigating climate change

How do you mitigate something that is undefined? Define 'climate change'.

Tell this to people in developing countries who are losing their lives due to frequent disasters such as Floods, Drought and Heat waves. The intensity of such disasters is unprecedented. There should always be a cause for an effect. It is apparent that the global warming is the major cause. If something is undefined, it doesn't mean that it won't exist. Gravity existed even before Newton defined it.

But here is the definition, "Climate Change is a change in global or regional climate patterns, in particular, a change apparent from the mid to late 20th century onwards and attributed largely to the increased levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide produced by the use of fossil fuels"
Edited on 06-09-2018 06:05
06-09-2018 14:52
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
SAN-DIRECT wrote:
.....due to frequent disasters such as Floods, Drought and Heat waves. The intensity of such disasters is unprecedented.

Where are you getting this information? My research says otherwise.
It is apparent that the global warming is the major cause.

It is actually not apparent to those who understand the weather. What is your explanation for CO2/warming causing these disasters?
Edited on 06-09-2018 15:02
06-09-2018 16:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
SAN-DIRECT wrote:
.....due to frequent disasters such as Floods, Drought and Heat waves. The intensity of such disasters is unprecedented.

It is actually not apparent to those who understand the weather. What is your explanation for CO2/warming causing these disasters?

...There are unprecedented heatwaves in both France and Seattle, Wa. I remember all those pleasant summers in Seattle. No one owned an air conditioner. There just wasn't any need for one. Many people who like living around the Puget Sound like it because of the mild winters and mild summers that the area enjoys.
..As for CO2 causing warming, circumstantial evidence is only that, circumstantial. It hasn't been shown yet how an increase in CO2 in atmospheric gasses would change how 1 mol of KE of any mixture of gasses changes. All this means is how much work in Btu would be needed to raise or lower the temperature of 1,000 cubic feet of atmospheric gasses in a specific amount of time. This would be a basic engineering test which about everyone would need to accept because it is mainstream science/engineering. And so far it hasn't been done yet.
06-09-2018 18:02
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
...There are unprecedented heatwaves in both France and Seattle, Wa.
Didn't bother digging up France. Here's a quick link to highest temp each year in Seattle going back to 1896. Your claim is BS.

https://www.currentresults.com/Yearly-Weather/USA/WA/Seattle/extreme-annual-seattle-high-temperature.php
No one owned air an conditioner. There just wasn't any need for one.

Had nothing to do with temps. We are a bunch of panzies now. The rule in our house growing up was no AC until the temp reached 92...until then, windows open. Dad made plenty of money, he was just a frugal old fart. I like my A/C now and run it 24/7.
Edited on 06-09-2018 18:04
06-09-2018 18:17
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Didn't bother digging up France. Here's a quick link to highest temp each year in Seattle going back to 1896. Your claim is BS.

https://www.currentresults.com/Yearly-Weather/USA/WA/Seattle/extreme-annual-seattle-high-temperature.php

Had nothing to do with temps. We are a bunch of panzies now. The rule in our house growing up was no AC until the temp reached 92...until then, windows open. Dad made plenty of money, he was just a frugal old fart. I like my A/C now and run it 24/7.

...Yet you reject that the average annual temperature is warming. You might be a pansy but I know I'm not one. It sounds like people need to agree with you or your feelings will be hurt. itn has that same issue.
...What tells me this is your resulting to name calling to make your point.
06-09-2018 18:31
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Name calling? Did you not read that I LIKE my A/C and run it 24/7?

I also am a panzy ass!! I CHOOSE to spend some money on something I like. Doesn't mean it's hotter now than when I was a kid. Shheeeesh!
06-09-2018 18:55
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I also am a panzy ass!! I CHOOSE to spend some money on something I like. Doesn't mean it's hotter now than when I was a kid. Shheeeesh!

...When I was a teenager growing up in Seattle we never had heatwaves. They have them now. You keep trying to make the weather something personal. And how you personally feel about it is what makes your perspective right.
...I know I'm an ****. I think warming is happening and CO2 doesn't have much to do with it. It does make me odd that I don't think that the Earth's orbit around the Sun is always going from either circular to elliptical or vice versa when it might fluctuate between the 2. What suggests this are what's considered to be accurate CO2/temperatures over the last 400,000 years. This kind of goes back to a time before I was born. In that regard I now it's not about me. Nothing personal but science tends to be impersonal.
06-09-2018 20:20
(21582)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
SAN-DIRECT wrote:

No, there aren't. You're making stuff up again.
James___ wrote:
I remember all those pleasant summers in Seattle.

Liar.
James___ wrote:
No one owned an air conditioner.

We did. My neighbor does. I currently do not.
James___ wrote:
There just wasn't any need for one.

Then why have people in Seattle bought air conditioners since the 60's?
James___ wrote:
Many people who like living around the Puget Sound like it because of the mild winters and mild summers that the area enjoys.

Both winter and summer can get fairly intense in Seattle. It always has. I find that most people like it here because of the beauty of it during the summer. They tolerate the long gray winters here just because of that.
James___ wrote:
..As for CO2 causing warming, circumstantial evidence is only that, circumstantial. It hasn't been shown yet how an increase in CO2 in atmospheric gasses would change how 1 mol of KE of any mixture of gasses changes. All this means is how much work in Btu would be needed to raise or lower the temperature of 1,000 cubic feet of atmospheric gasses in a specific amount of time. This would be a basic engineering test which about everyone would need to accept because it is mainstream science/engineering. And so far it hasn't been done yet.

There is no such thing as 'mainstream' science or 'mainstream' engineering.

Since you chose such a random sample, this can't be calculated. CO2 will not change the calculation much. The big factor is how much water is in that parcel of air. The specific heat index of CO2 is about the same as most other atmospheric gases. Water, though, has a much higher specific heat index.

No one bothers to make any such a calculation, not even in a science or engineering class. They tend to use much simpler examples to calculate.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-09-2018 20:25
(21582)
GasGuzzler wrote:

It sure is.
GasGuzzler wrote:

Had nothing to do with temps.

Well...it kinda does. People tend to buy air conditioners in the summer.
GasGuzzler wrote:
We are a bunch of panzies now.

Heh. You could say that, but air conditioners and heat pumps are less expensive to install and operate now.
GasGuzzler wrote:
The rule in our house growing up was no AC until the temp reached 92...until then, windows open. Dad made plenty of money, he was just a frugal old fart.

Heh. Now I know why you say that.
GasGuzzler wrote:
I like my A/C now and run it 24/7.

My neighbor likes his. I enjoyed ours when we had it, but my current house doesn't have it and I never bothered to install one.

I just head downstairs.

The Parrot Killer

06-09-2018 20:30
(21582)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

...Yet you reject that the average annual temperature is warming.

The Sun's output hasn't changed significantly. There is no cause for warming. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. It is not even possible to measure the temperature of Seattle. The thermometer readings quoted are at the weather station at Sand Point.
James___ wrote:
You might be a pansy but I know I'm not one.

Liar.
James___ wrote:
It sounds like people need to agree with you or your feelings will be hurt.

Inversion fallacy, pansy.
James___ wrote:
itn has that same issue.

Nah. You just like to spew strange stuff that has little to do with science, logic, mathematics, etc.
James___ wrote:
...What tells me this is your resulting to name calling to make your point.

He never called you any name. Not even a pansy. I will, though. You are a paranoid pansy.

The Parrot Killer

06-09-2018 20:31
(21582)
GasGuzzler wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Overly sensitive, isn't he?

The Parrot Killer

06-09-2018 20:37
(21582)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

...When I was a teenager growing up in Seattle we never had heatwaves.

You never lived in Seattle then. I think you're a liar.
James___ wrote:
They have them now.
We always have had them.
James___ wrote:
You keep trying to make the weather something personal.

Inversion fallacy.
James___ wrote:
And how you personally feel about it is what makes your perspective right.

Inversion fallacy.
James___ wrote:
...I know I'm an ****.

Paradox noted.
James___ wrote:
I think warming is happening

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
James___ wrote:
and CO2 doesn't have much to do with it.

It is nothing to do with it. Nada. Zero. Zilch. CO2 is not capable of warming the Earth. No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth.
James___ wrote:
It does make me odd that I don't think that the Earth's orbit around the Sun is always going from either circular to elliptical or vice versa when it might fluctuate between the 2.

Paradox noted. Going from circular to elliptical and back again IS a fluctuation between the two! The cycle is periodic. It is not random.
James___ wrote:
What suggests this are what's considered to be accurate CO2/temperatures over the last 400,000 years.
It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. It is not possible to measure the global atmospheric CO2 content.
James___ wrote:
This kind of goes back to a time before I was born. In that regard I now it's not about me.
Yes it is. It is about your religion.
James___ wrote:
Nothing personal but science tends to be impersonal.

Religion is not science.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate How Seaweeds could help mitigate Climate Change?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The most cost effective method to mitigate global warming (by far)101-01-2014 07:14
What the USA Government has been working on to mitigate the problem821-02-2013 12:52
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact