Remember me
▼ Content

Graphic: The relentless rise of carbon dioxide

Graphic: The relentless rise of carbon dioxide05-05-2019 13:48
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/graphic-the-relentless-rise-of-carbon-dioxide/
05-05-2019 19:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/graphic-the-relentless-rise-of-carbon-dioxide/

Manufactured 'data'. It is not possible to measure the global CO2 concentration. CO2 is not evenly distributed in the atmosphere, and we don't have enough stations.

Further, the Maua Loa station has been shown to be cooking their data. It's useless. You can't use cooked data in statistical math.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-05-2019 00:45
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Manufactured 'data'. It is not possible to measure the global CO2 concentration. CO2 is not evenly distributed in the atmosphere, and we don't have enough stations.

Further, the Maua Loa station has been shown to be cooking their data. It's useless. You can't use cooked data in statistical math.

Mauna Loa is kind of close to a lot of volcanic activity. They have several active volcanoes, and gasses are vented all over the place. Basically, the CO2 levels they read, would be as accurate as the activity, and wind direction. 0.04% is such a tiny concentration, scattered over a huge planet. Still amazes me that people believe it's of any significance, let alone, the primary driver.
06-05-2019 08:51
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Mauna Loa is kind of close to a lot of volcanic activity. They have several active volcanoes, and gasses are vented all over the place. Basically, the CO2 levels they read, would be as accurate as the activity, and wind direction. 0.04% is such a tiny concentration, scattered over a huge planet. Still amazes me that people believe it's of any significance, let alone, the primary driver.

Which is why they are cooking their data. Eruptions of nearby volcanoes are not appearing on their data. It should.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-05-2019 16:47
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
They don't have to erupt, being active, means they are venting gas. Those gasses escape through the most convenient crack or crevice, not constrained to lava flows.

There is no actual way to observe CO2, pretty sure, even if they had a device, that could only see CO2, there still wouldn't be a high enough concentration to see much of anything, other than just around the source, briefly.
06-05-2019 18:35
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
They don't have to erupt, being active, means they are venting gas. Those gasses escape through the most convenient crack or crevice, not constrained to lava flows.

There is no actual way to observe CO2, pretty sure, even if they had a device, that could only see CO2, there still wouldn't be a high enough concentration to see much of anything, other than just around the source, briefly.

Some of them do vent, others do not. An eruption, however, vents quite a lot in one go.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Graphic: The relentless rise of carbon dioxide:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems82709-02-2024 03:41
Florida in hot water as ocean temperatures rise along with the humidity213-07-2023 15:50
Happy fourth of July. I wonder how many liberals are eating carbon cooked burgers106-07-2023 23:52
Uses for solid carbon3006-07-2023 23:51
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Wetlands9623-06-2023 14:49
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact