Remember me
▼ Content

Government 'tried to bury' its own alarming report on climate change


Government 'tried to bury' its own alarming report on climate change22-01-2017 23:09
spot
★★★☆☆
(925)
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-risk-assessment-global-warming-government-accused-burying-report-a7540726.html

for those that think that climate change will not affect well anything some sobering reading, I'm sure quite a few on this board would not want you to know this.

The Government has been accused of trying to bury a major report about the potential dangers of global warming to Britain – including the doubling of the deaths during heatwaves, a "significant risk" to supplies of food and the prospect of infrastructure damage from flooding.


I look forward to someone trying to derail this with some daft scientific misconception.


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
22-01-2017 23:20
litesong
★★★★☆
(1505)
spot wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-risk-assessment-global-warming-government-accused-burying-report-a7540726.html
I look forward to someone trying to derail this with some daft scientific misconception.


For 20 years, old sick silly sleepy AGW denier liar whiner re-pubic-lick-uns have easily said they don't believe science & substituted their own "sigh-ants" for the truth.
Edited on 22-01-2017 23:22
23-01-2017 00:30
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(744)
When I looked at the article I saw the flooded cars and instantly knew it had to be global warming. This may come as a shock to some of you but there were extreme weather events long before we ever heated up the globe.

[img][/img]
Attached image:

23-01-2017 00:50
litesong
★★★★☆
(1505)
GasGuzzler wrote: When I looked at the article I saw the flooded cars and instantly knew it had to be global warming.

Model T's were flooding, even before Greenland & Antarctic ice masses started off-loading at 300-400 Gtons per year, present Arctic sea ice is 10,000 cubic kilometers LESS than the to date average of the 1980's, & 2014, 2015, & 2016 set global Earth temperatures, while the solar TSI has been languid for decades, & low for a decade(including a 3+ year period setting a 100 year record low TSI).
Yeah, things are heatin' up & old cars in water cause rust.
Edited on 23-01-2017 00:53
23-01-2017 00:56
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(744)
I look forward to someone trying to derail this with some daft scientific misconception.



This article is so full of scare tactics and misleading info that it would be irresponsible to not bury it.

No Sunspot, not on me to derail this. It's on you to get it on the rail.

So sick of flooding rains and drought being blamed on the GW. Please explain the "science" that allows flood and drought to occur simultaneously.
Edited on 23-01-2017 00:57
23-01-2017 01:04
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(744)
And you sir Sunspot are just as guilty with your misleading headline to your post.

Straight out of the alarmist playbook...and you wonder why I don't believe anything you say.
Attached image:

23-01-2017 01:30
litesong
★★★★☆
(1505)
GasGuzzler wrote: Please explain the "science" that allows flood and drought to occur simultaneously.

You like to display your ignorance. OK, by me!
23-01-2017 02:05
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(744)
No really, don't brush this off. Tell me scientifically how flood and drought can occur from the same trigger. I don't believe you can have it both ways. You've shown your amazing ability to regurgitate headlines and copy and paste them, now try to explain to this ignorant idiot how global warming can cause flooding rain and drought. I want your explanation, not some hooey from a left wing website.
23-01-2017 02:50
litesong
★★★★☆
(1505)
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr" gushed: Tell me scientifically how flood and drought can occur from the same trigger. I don't believe you can have it both ways. You..... regurgitate headlines and copy and paste them...

I tell truth you won't believe. You have AGW theory given to you & you automatically reject it because you can't figure it out. Excess AGW energy is shifting jet streams & incoming rain streams & dry airs to differing places or stalls for extended periods of time. That is why rain increases in already wet areas & strangling extended droughts occur in already dry regions.
A classic example occurs in our Pacific Northwest. Possibly, the PNW gets a bit(?) more rain & snow during the late fall, winter & early spring months, of which the PNW doesn't need the extra precipitation. However, our summer months (& a little more?) are drying out. The excess AGW energy in the atmosphere during this period, is able to drive the jet stream (which delivers our Pineapple Express to us), further north & for longer periods of time, allowing for the drier weather.... also which we don't need in the summer.
You say I copy & paste, because you are a piece of egotistic shit, trying to float your boat in a public arena.
Edited on 23-01-2017 02:53
23-01-2017 04:21
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(744)
I appreciate your honesty and your not just copying from some website. However, you seriously don't understand daily weather, do you? It's OK, not many people do. I have been a weather nut since I was a kid, and storm chasing since I was old enough to ride my bike. Yes, I have my issues too.

Here, take a look at the chart below. This is indisputable facts and not some estimations from 4 billion years ago. Every time there is a violent tornado, "we are told to expect an increase in severe weather as we keep pumping CO2 into the atmosphere and the climate continues to change." Yet, look at the real numbers. Just one very tiny example of the alarmists using up whatever methane pops out their backside.

Egotistic? No.

Piece of shit? Possible.

Not trying to float my boat in the public arena.

Driving my boat in a sea of reality.



[img][/img]
Attached image:


Edited on 23-01-2017 04:35
23-01-2017 18:57
Into the Night
★★★★★
(4109)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I appreciate your honesty and your not just copying from some website. However, you seriously don't understand daily weather, do you? It's OK, not many people do. I have been a weather nut since I was a kid, and storm chasing since I was old enough to ride my bike. Yes, I have my issues too.

Here, take a look at the chart below. This is indisputable facts and not some estimations from 4 billion years ago. Every time there is a violent tornado, "we are told to expect an increase in severe weather as we keep pumping CO2 into the atmosphere and the climate continues to change." Yet, look at the real numbers. Just one very tiny example of the alarmists using up whatever methane pops out their backside.

Egotistic? No.

Piece of shit? Possible.

Not trying to float my boat in the public arena.

Driving my boat in a sea of reality.



[img][/img]


The hurricane data has a similar lack of correlation to CO2.


The Parrot Killer
23-01-2017 20:13
Tim the plumber
★★★☆☆
(941)
25 Nov 2015 - An estimated 43,900 excess winter deaths occurred in England and Wales in .... winter temperature of 4.8°C was not particularly cold compared with the ....


https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=uESGWMfsK8Xv8AfH-avwBg#q=cold+related+deaths+in+the+UK

So maybe +1000 from heat waves (yeah sure...) vs the current 44,000 per year from the cold.

Edited on 23-01-2017 20:14
24-01-2017 18:53
spot
★★★☆☆
(925)
GasGuzzler wrote:
No really, don't brush this off. Tell me scientifically how flood and drought can occur from the same trigger. I don't believe you can have it both ways. You've shown your amazing ability to regurgitate headlines and copy and paste them, now try to explain to this ignorant idiot how global warming can cause flooding rain and drought. I want your explanation, not some hooey from a left wing website.


Flood and drought at the same time? I assume you mean in the same place. I linked an articil in a newspaper on a report You seriously think the people who write the report are out to fool you?

Flood and drought don't happen at the same time disruption of weather patterns make them more likely. I know they happened in the past but its like saying me punching you in the nose had no effect on your nosebleed because nosebleeds have happened without being punched in the nose.

Hope that helps xx


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
24-01-2017 20:45
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(744)
I see no link....I would guess you are speaking of the theory that because of Arctic warming it slackens the temp diffential thus slowing the jet and causing it to buckle, or carve out deep troughs that usually spin up deep low pressure that create intense storms. Great theory and it would make sense, but look at the Arctic right now. Litebeer has been screeming about it forever. Now look at the Pacific jet the last couple weeks. It is absolutely screaming with energy,. With a Pacific storm bringing some drought relief to Southern California now.

I thank you for stopping the nose punching. If I understand your analogy, the punch of the past is the CO2 that we've put into the atmosphere in the past, and the effects continue today, right? So if we had CO2 effects yesterday, and PPM is higher today, then it should be overwhelmingly obvious the effects of CO2. It seems to me the normal daily/yearly fluctuations in weather are incorrectly blamed on CO2. How does this CO2 manage to take a month/year/decade of vacation?
24-01-2017 23:32
spot
★★★☆☆
(925)
I don't mean to be rude, well I don't care we are both working class so we both a used to calling a spade a spade. So to save time, I'll just be honest, I think your being obtuse because its fun being obtuse and frustrating your opponent on the internet.

Whether I can convince you a link or not is immaterial what matters is is there actually a link. For that I listen to scientists who study it just like mechanics when it comes to mechanics and plumbers when it comes to plumbing. Now it is true you can educate yourself and you should not blindly trust people but with respect I seem to have more knowledge on this then you. If you wish to have a sensible argument learn the difference between weather and climate. Climate is what you expect weather is what you get. They are not the same but interrelated.

And I don't think you get the nose punching analogy, the physics behind CO2 heating the atmosphere are well known. just as the physics of getting a blow to the nose is well known and obvious to people who know of these things.
25-01-2017 00:04
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(744)
spot wrote:
I listen to scientists who study it just like mechanics when it comes to mechanics and plumbers when it comes to plumbing.


Soooooo.....should I, or should I not listen to nearly half of the AMS meteorologists that are not convinced that man is causing global warming? I am referring to to the 2013 AMS survey, I'm sure you are well aware. I can post a "link" if you need it.
25-01-2017 00:22
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(744)
spot wrote:
If you wish to have a sensible argument learn the difference between weather and climate. Climate is what you expect weather is what you get. They are not the same but interrelated.


Well, I'm supposed to write a full report on why Hurricane Sandy was a natural phenomenon for Sunface Detail tonight, but I simply don't have time. Want to take a crack at it for a fellow commy on why it was so strong due to glabal warming?

Can you show me that you have the great understanding of weather and climate and how they interact.
25-01-2017 08:31
spot
★★★☆☆
(925)
In fact I'm not aware, if AMS stands for American Meteorology something it raises more questions then answers. A survey of working, qualified British meteorologists would not come to that conclusion I assure you. OoIt's your right to think that means something though. I would need more information before I let it sway my opinions.
26-01-2017 22:30
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(744)
litesong wrote:

I tell truth you won't believe. You have AGW theory given to you & you automatically reject it because you can't figure it out. Excess AGW energy is shifting jet streams & incoming rain streams & dry airs to differing places or stalls for extended periods of time.


This is just awesome! Keep it coming!



27-01-2017 02:16
litesong
★★★★☆
(1505)
GasGuzzler wrote:
litesong wrote:

I tell truth you won't believe. You have AGW theory given to you & you automatically reject it because you can't figure it out. Excess AGW energy is shifting jet streams & incoming rain streams & dry airs to differing places or stalls for extended periods of time.


This is just awesome! Keep it coming!

Nearly 4 days later & this is your comeback? Keep it come...backing!
.....

Edited on 27-01-2017 02:16
27-01-2017 02:24
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(744)
Hey, cut me some slack, working 18 hour days here lately. You're lucky you got anything! I' make you a deal. If you can correctly explain anything you tried to say here, I'll remove my new signature line.

Good Luck! It's a real mess! xoxo





litesong wrote:

I tell truth you won't believe. You have AGW theory given to you & you automatically reject it because you can't figure it out. Excess AGW energy is shifting jet streams & incoming rain streams & dry airs to differing places or stalls for extended periods of time.

Edited on 27-01-2017 02:27
02-02-2017 03:55
Wake
★★★★★
(2226)
Faster than a speeding snail - perhaps you might be interested in that horrible rising sea level -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-glacial_rebound
04-02-2017 19:59
litesong
★★★★☆
(1505)
GasGuzzler wrote:
litesong wrote:I tell truth you won't believe. You have AGW theory given to you & you automatically reject it because you can't figure it out. Excess AGW energy is shifting jet streams & incoming rain streams & dry airs to differing places or stalls for extended periods of time.

This is just awesome! Keep it coming!

California record drought, followed by late, but great snow & water reservoir filling floods:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/california-snowpack-reaches-173percent-of-average-replenishing-a-third-of-states-snow-deficit/ar-AAmygPp?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Yeah, more excess AGW energy in the atmosphere.....more drought.... more floods.
Edited on 04-02-2017 20:02
04-02-2017 20:08
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(744)
Why do you give me a link to a news story that says it snowed and rained in California? Is this something new in the last 50 years?
04-02-2017 22:31
Wake
★★★★★
(2226)
litesong wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
litesong wrote:I tell truth you won't believe. You have AGW theory given to you & you automatically reject it because you can't figure it out. Excess AGW energy is shifting jet streams & incoming rain streams & dry airs to differing places or stalls for extended periods of time.

This is just awesome! Keep it coming!

California record drought, followed by late, but great snow & water reservoir filling floods:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/california-snowpack-reaches-173percent-of-average-replenishing-a-third-of-states-snow-deficit/ar-AAmygPp?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Yeah, more excess AGW energy in the atmosphere.....more drought.... more floods.


This is neither "record" drought of record rain. But go right ahead pretending.

You know this is supposed to be a site upon which people can trade on scientific knowledge. Instead we have people with scientific knowledge being told they are stupid by people that have NO knowledge other than some articles from Popular Science. I was just referenced by one moron to a statement by "skeptical science" in which they quoted a NASA article that said that Antarctica is losing ice at an accelerating rate. When you looked at the article is actually claimed that the Antarctic land mass is gaining ice sheet much faster than it is losing it. For the idiots that don't understand this - GLACIERS MOVE AND FLAKE OFF INTO THE OCEAN. This is the "landmass losing ice" that these morons want to use pretend is because of global warming. The surrounding ocean ice is also growing dramatically.

So I really suggest that litesong, spot and the others only post things that they actually know about. And my guess is that if they did that we'd never hear from them again.
04-02-2017 22:50
litesong
★★★★☆
(1505)
Interesting Mt. Rainier decades of snow (including a decade of snow from 1940 thru 1959 because of missing years during WW11 & the Korean War):
Mt. Rainier (central Washington state) gets lots of snow. Altho Mt. Baker (northern Washington state) DOES hold the one year world snowfall record (1140 inches-93.5feet), Rainier's greatest snow year, 1971-72, is 1122 inches-95feet. Since the 1920's, Rainier's decades have never been below 5373 snow inches. Of the 8 decades of records (up to the first months of 2010), the 1920's, 1930's, & the "decade" of snow, 1940 to 1959, hold 7th place, 8th place & 5th place in order.
The 1960's holds 6th, while the 1970's holds 1st place with a gargantuan 7551 inches of snow. One 1970's year dumped a 1000 inches to go with the record 1122 year. The 1980's, 1990's & 2000's are in 3rd, 2nd, & 4th place.
04-02-2017 23:34
Wake
★★★★★
(2226)
Spot and litesong set a new level in their attempted depravity to support climate change. I suppose the question should be why? Do either of these obvious teenagers think that they will be alive even should climate change occur? If that truly occurred there would be no room for people without any talent and those two in particular would be the first one's to the wall.
13-02-2017 16:17
litesong
★★★★☆
(1505)
Wake wrote:
litesong wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
litesong wrote:I tell truth you won't believe. You have AGW theory given to you & you automatically reject it because you can't figure it out. Excess AGW energy is shifting jet streams & incoming rain streams & dry airs to differing places or stalls for extended periods of time.

This is just awesome! Keep it coming!

California record drought, followed by late, but great snow & water reservoir filling floods:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/california-snowpack-reaches-173percent-of-average-replenishing-a-third-of-states-snow-deficit/ar-AAmygPp?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Yeah, more excess AGW energy in the atmosphere.....more drought.... more floods.


This is neither "record" drought of record rain. But go right ahead pretending.

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" must live below the California dam topping over & eroding both spillways & he ain't evacuating! He don't pretend.... no way, no how!!
13-02-2017 16:30
litesong
★★★★☆
(1505)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs:.... those two in particular would be the first one's to the wall.

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up".... in its best trumpeted "Don'T rump"-ism has applied for the many executive executioner positions opening up in the "Don'T rump" administration.
15-02-2017 00:51
litesong
★★★★☆
(1505)
[b]litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up".... in its best trumpeted "Don'T rump"-ism has applied for the many executive executioner positions opening up in the "Don'T rump" administration.

The question is, who executed Flynn!
10-10-2017 04:31
litesong
★★★★☆
(1505)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pig AGW denier liar whiner gazzed & guzzzling" gushed:....should I, or should I not listen to nearly half of the AMS meteorologists that are not convinced that man is causing global warming? I am referring to to the 2013 AMS survey....

If ya go back further, in 2008, only 24% of members of AMS agreed that "Most of the warming since 1950 is very likely human-induced".
Surveys (with attempts at greater sampling & a more rigorous definition of climate change) performed in 2016 & 2017, AMS members state, "approximately 80% indicated that human-caused climate change is happening".
http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/BAMS-D-15-00206.1
Its good "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pig AGW denier liar whiner gazzed & guzzzling" found a survey it agrees with & fergets more comprehensive surveys.
Edited on 10-10-2017 04:32
11-10-2017 05:11
litesong
★★★★☆
(1505)
litesong wrote: Its good "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pig AGW denier liar whiner gazzed & guzzzling" found a survey it agrees with & fergets more comprehensive surveys.

Correction:
Its good "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pig AGW denier liar whiner gazzzed & guzzzling" found a survey it agrees with & fergets more comprehensive surveys.




Join the debate Government 'tried to bury' its own alarming report on climate change:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Doomsday 2020 Haart Report2010-10-2017 02:50
Death by Government2522-10-2015 01:08
IPPC Report219-08-2014 01:22
Government action301-06-2014 02:36
Report : Climate Change and Global serious errors of designing technology .524-01-2014 04:01
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Will Arctic summers be ice-free in this century?

Yes

No

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact