Remember me
▼ Content

Global warming is a good thing so why some people worry about it?

Global warming is a good thing so why some people worry about it?02-01-2016 20:50
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
This is what I don't understand about these people. China and India and Germany and the US are more powerful than Canada and Russia and Sweden and Greenland because China and India and Germany and the US have people and Canada and Russia and Sweden and Greenland lack people. It has to do with climate. China and India and Germany and the US are hot countries. Canada and Russia and Sweden and Greenland are cold countries.
Edited on 02-01-2016 20:57
02-01-2016 22:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14411)
Do you believe Global Cooling is a bad thing? Be prepared for Global Cooling inconvenience over the next few decades.

You are correct in that Global Warming would be preferable by virtually every measure, so why are warmizombies not celebrating the Good News of their faith?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-01-2016 22:25
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
IBdaMann wrote:
Do you believe Global Cooling is a bad thing? Be prepared for Global Cooling inconvenience over the next few decades.

You are correct in that Global Warming would be preferable by virtually every measure, so why are warmizombies not celebrating the Good News of their faith?

If they like cold weather, they are welcome to move to Antarctica and leave the rest of humanity alone
03-01-2016 04:12
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
According to scientists, an increase of 55% in CO2 turned ice age into today's warm period. According to scientists, CO2 at 415 ppm caused incredible warmth at the peak of the Pliocene.

CO2 this year 404 ppm already 44% increase since 1800.

http://news.yahoo.com/case-closed-says-study-c02-melted-ice-age-182946601.html

https://scripps.ucsd.edu/programs/keelingcurve/2013/12/03/what-does-400-ppm-look-like/
Edited on 03-01-2016 04:26
03-01-2016 19:05
(14411)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
According to scientists, an increase of 55% in CO2 turned ice age into today's warm period.

No. CO2 has no magical heat superpowers. The belief that it does is pure Global Warming religion.

Atmospheric composition is not a factor in its temperature. Atmospheric factors that do affect surface temperature include atmospheric mass (and thus atmospheric pressure, thus atmopsheric compression) and transparency.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-01-2016 23:43
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
IBdaMann wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
According to scientists, an increase of 55% in CO2 turned ice age into today's warm period.

No. CO2 has no magical heat superpowers. The belief that it does is pure Global Warming religion.

Atmospheric composition is not a factor in its temperature. Atmospheric factors that do affect surface temperature include atmospheric mass (and thus atmospheric pressure, thus atmopsheric compression) and transparency.

To be fair, there is a small downward radiation from IR active gas molecules which absorb some of the IR radiation from the ground and re-emit in all directions. Their effect is minor compared to atmospheric pressure of course, which is why the Rocky mountains are always cold.
Edited on 03-01-2016 23:44
04-01-2016 01:46
(14411)
Tai Hai Chen wrote: To be fair, there is a small downward radiation from IR active gas molecules which absorb some of the IR radiation from the ground and re-emit in all directions.

To be fair, what you just wrote is gibberish. I'm sorry.

If you are trying to convince me that CO2 can create heat in violation of the 1st law of thermodynamics because there exist photons that move in the direction of the earth, I claim that you are incorrect.

Any such model is grossly incomplete.

Tai Hai Chen wrote: Their effect is minor compared to atmospheric pressure of course, which is why the Rocky mountains are always cold.

There simply is no "effect." None. Atmospheric composition has no role in atmospheric temperature.

Join the debate Global warming is a good thing so why some people worry about it?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
Worsening warming is hurting people in all regions, US climate assessment shows2923-11-2023 02:17
People who prefer to write anonymously016-11-2023 22:50
All Sides, Beings, Entities No Matter "Evil" Or "Good" Are Receiving Their Final Chan014-07-2023 07:52
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact