Remember me
▼ Content

Fake News? Response to a Trump Tweet...

Fake News? Response to a Trump Tweet...22-11-2018 17:26
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
Was reading the daily local and national news, which is usually biased and a little hyped at times, but close enough, that I can search the web for a more accurate reporting. Saw a headline for 'Climate Change', thought it might be interesting, since the climate is in the seasonal cooling trend, little early this year.

https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/un-weather-group-greenhouse-gases-in-air-rose-again-in-2017/876913892

Think Trump called it about right, an early start on winter, usually mean an unusually cold, brutal (well, lower 40s) winter here in Florida anyway. Guess I should dig out some more long pants, and a few sweatshirts to get through it, been a while.

Just seems like if the Earth surface is warming at an alarming rate, and we are just a few years away from the point of no return, we shouldn't be gettin these backslides into the past unpleasant winter weather patterns. I haven't been really, doing my part, in support of 'Global Warming', most just driving my CO2 spewing SUV to work, not much pleasure cruising past few years. Least gas prices are down, and more people are driving for the holidays, maybe it will boost the 'greenhouse effect' enough, to soften a harsh winter. Good luck to you northern folks, and have a happy Thanksgiving, because President Trump doesn't buy the science (fiction) either.
22-11-2018 19:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Was reading the daily local and national news, which is usually biased and a little hyped at times, but close enough, that I can search the web for a more accurate reporting. Saw a headline for 'Climate Change', thought it might be interesting, since the climate is in the seasonal cooling trend, little early this year.

https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/un-weather-group-greenhouse-gases-in-air-rose-again-in-2017/876913892

Think Trump called it about right, an early start on winter, usually mean an unusually cold, brutal (well, lower 40s) winter here in Florida anyway. Guess I should dig out some more long pants, and a few sweatshirts to get through it, been a while.

Just seems like if the Earth surface is warming at an alarming rate, and we are just a few years away from the point of no return, we shouldn't be gettin these backslides into the past unpleasant winter weather patterns. I haven't been really, doing my part, in support of 'Global Warming', most just driving my CO2 spewing SUV to work, not much pleasure cruising past few years. Least gas prices are down, and more people are driving for the holidays, maybe it will boost the 'greenhouse effect' enough, to soften a harsh winter. Good luck to you northern folks, and have a happy Thanksgiving, because President Trump doesn't buy the science (fiction) either.

Heh. How typical of a Florida resident to make fun of the colder States up north. My own brother does it too (he also lives in Florida)!

At least up here in the other corner of the U.S., we also enjoy warmer temperatures, thanks to the winds blowing in from Hawaii.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. I am also thankful that Trump doesn't buy into the science fiction of the Church of Global Warming.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-11-2018 18:54
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
HarveyH55 wrote:

The weather satellite record has also shown a falling temperature while the media is telling us that this is the hottest year ever.
23-11-2018 21:26
(5192)
The weather satellite record has also shown a falling temperature while the media is telling us that this is the hottest year ever.

It's a big planet, I'd bet a dollar, that a few places were hottest ever recorded. Most of the world though, is still enjoying a cooler climate. Hot here, has been mid-90s for years, can't remember how long it's been since we saw triple digits. Then again, our winters have been mild for over a decade, barely down to freezing, haven't seen frost in a while either. Bought a plastic scraper a while back, still haven't used it.

Suppose to be a new 'Climate' report out today, have had a chance look for it yet. Seems like really bad timing, NYC had the coldest Thanksgiving on record, in the 20's. Least the roads were packed with shoppers, wonder what the synthetic-CO2 emission were like. Bet most of those shoppers were Believers too, maybe the Carbon Gods declares holidays, as carbon-neutral days...
23-11-2018 21:32
(21552)
Wake wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

There is no 'satellite' record. Weather satellites don't measure temperature. It is not possible to measure an absolute temperature with a satellite.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 23-11-2018 21:33
23-11-2018 21:38
(21552)
HarveyH55 wrote:
[quote]The weather satellite record has also shown a falling temperature while the media is telling us that this is the hottest year ever.

It's a big planet, I'd bet a dollar, that a few places were hottest ever recorded.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Most of the world though, is still enjoying a cooler climate.

It's really not possible to know whether it's cooler or warmer in a region.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Hot here, has been mid-90s for years, can't remember how long it's been since we saw triple digits. Then again, our winters have been mild for over a decade, barely down to freezing, haven't seen frost in a while either. Bought a plastic scraper a while back, still haven't used it.

Heh. Do you use it to show your friends the 'souvenir' you bought on your last trip up north?
HarveyH55 wrote:
Suppose to be a new 'Climate' report out today, have had a chance look for it yet. Seems like really bad timing, NYC had the coldest Thanksgiving on record, in the 20's. Least the roads were packed with shoppers, wonder what the synthetic-CO2 emission were like. Bet most of those shoppers were Believers too, maybe the Carbon Gods declares holidays, as carbon-neutral days...

Seems cold weather doesn't really stop NYC shoppers.

The Parrot Killer

24-11-2018 03:20
(5192)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
[quote]The weather satellite record has also shown a falling temperature while the media is telling us that this is the hottest year ever.

It's a big planet, I'd bet a dollar, that a few places were hottest ever recorded.
HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:
Hot here, has been mid-90s for years, can't remember how long it's been since we saw triple digits. Then again, our winters have been mild for over a decade, barely down to freezing, haven't seen frost in a while either. Bought a plastic scraper a while back, still haven't used it.

Heh. Do you use it to show your friends the 'souvenir' you bought on your last trip up north?
HarveyH55 wrote:

Many cities have kept records of daily highs and lows for a good while now. It's like any other year though, there is no widespread trend in record breaking temperature, least not in this area. The climatologists don't use these records, because they are public, anybody can pull them up these days, and see for themselves. I get that 'warm' and 'cool', are subjective descriptions of how one perceives the climate.

The ice scraper, I got at Walmart here, surprised to see one, since usually the wiper blades work most of the time, only had to actually get out and scrape a couple of times, frustrating to scrounge something up in a hurry. I figure, there will still come a morning, when I'll get to use it, but it'll be lost under the seat, or broken by then...

Yeah, nothing would stop the sheep from flocking to a sale. Sure, there are deals to be had, but you have to work at. I just don't like the crowds and pushy people. The urgency to grab something up, before they are all gone, just helps move cheap junk, most wouldn't touch. Most people aren't going to fight the crowds, and leave empty handed, and will buy something, even if it isn't much of a deal. But, in the 20's? Wouldn't spend much time outside, beyond what was absolutely necessary, hate the cold.
24-11-2018 10:59
(21552)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

Many cities have kept records of daily highs and lows for a good while now.
Weather stations, actually, but generally yes. Be aware that the thermometers in these stations only measure the temperature at the station itself. It may have little to do with temperatures elsewhere. Temperatures can vary by as much as 20 deg F per mile.
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's like any other year though, there is no widespread trend in record breaking temperature, least not in this area.

Of these station records, that is true.
HarveyH55 wrote:
The climatologists don't use these records, because they are public, anybody can pull them up these days, and see for themselves. I get that 'warm' and 'cool', are subjective descriptions of how one perceives the climate.

You are correct. It is obvious NOAA (and NASA) are cooking their data, and even just making it up.
HarveyH55 wrote:
The ice scraper, I got at Walmart here, surprised to see one, since usually the wiper blades work most of the time, only had to actually get out and scrape a couple of times, frustrating to scrounge something up in a hurry. I figure, there will still come a morning, when I'll get to use it, but it'll be lost under the seat, or broken by then...

A cheapo credit like card can usually get the job done. Something easily replaceable, like a library card.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Yeah, nothing would stop the sheep from flocking to a sale. Sure, there are deals to be had, but you have to work at. I just don't like the crowds and pushy people. The urgency to grab something up, before they are all gone, just helps move cheap junk, most wouldn't touch. Most people aren't going to fight the crowds, and leave empty handed, and will buy something, even if it isn't much of a deal. But, in the 20's? Wouldn't spend much time outside, beyond what was absolutely necessary, hate the cold.

Don't blame you. Guess that's why you live in Florida, eh?

The Parrot Killer

26-11-2018 20:40
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

Many cities have kept records of daily highs and lows for a good while now. It's like any other year though, there is no widespread trend in record breaking temperature, least not in this area. The climatologists don't use these records, because they are public, anybody can pull them up these days, and see for themselves. I get that 'warm' and 'cool', are subjective descriptions of how one perceives the climate.

Do not use the term "climatologists". Since the study of climate is a legitimate field of study don't give it the sense of being false because a group of very poor scientists have attempted to use scare tactics to gain research grants.

The record of ground based temperature were changed circa 1999. https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2013/08/16/nasa-massively-tampering-with-the-us-temperature-record/

Also there is clear evidence that NOAA has been manipulating data with an end result intent: http://jennifermarohasy.com/2009/06/how-the-us-temperature-record-is-adjusted/

Further proof of the changing data with no purpose other than to build a case for something that isn't apparent in the data is here: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/01/18/hansens-nasa-giss-cooling-the-past-warming-the-present/

The end result of all of this is that the peop0le maintaining the temperature records at both NASA and NOAA should be immediately discharged. These indications of "man-mad global warming" have NOT been either factual or accidental and this sort of thing demands prosecution.
26-11-2018 21:20
(21552)
Wake wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

Do not use the term "climatologists". Since the study of climate is a legitimate field of study don't give it the sense of being false because a group of very poor scientists have attempted to use scare tactics to gain research grants.

The study of climate is not a field of study, Wake. The study of weather is.
Wake wrote:
The record of ground based temperature were changed circa 1999.
There are no records of the temperature of the Earth. There never was. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
Wake wrote:
https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2013/08/16/nasa-massively-tampering-with-the-us-temperature-record/

NASA doesn't keep records of temperatures of the Earth. They operate no weather stations either. There are no records of the temperature of the Earth.
Wake wrote:
Also there is clear evidence that NOAA has been manipulating data with an end result intent: http://jennifermarohasy.com/2009/06/how-the-us-temperature-record-is-adjusted/

NOAA has tampered with U.S. weather stations data. Fortunately, the stations themselves keep their own logs. None of this is a temperature of the Earth, or even the temperature of the United States. These stations used to publish these logs on the internet, until NOAA shut down that site due to conflicts with it's own published data.
Wake wrote:
Further proof of the changing data with no purpose other than to build a case for something that isn't apparent in the data is here: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/01/18/hansens-nasa-giss-cooling-the-past-warming-the-present/

No, they are just making stuff up out of thick air. Satellites are incapable of measuring the temperature of the Earth. They can only measure light. The emissivity of Earth is unknown.
Wake wrote:
The end result of all of this is that the peop0le maintaining the temperature records at both NASA and NOAA should be immediately discharged.

Agreed. Both agencies are publishing fake numbers.
Wake wrote:
These indications of "man-mad global warming" have NOT been either factual or accidental and this sort of thing demands prosecution.

Agreed.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 26-11-2018 21:23
27-11-2018 00:56
(5192)
Climatology was made up to prove Global Warming, and nothing else. It's a church/cult, like Scientology, which I confess, I don't know a whole lot about, except the founding father was a science fiction writer. All makes it sound legitimate, but it's one-sided science, only to find ways to convince the masses to believe, and act foolishly, as quickly as possible. Climate is how we perceive our environment, it's subjective, not something that can ever be measured or tested. Weather, meteorology, is something different, but climatology uses that too, as well as leach credibility from most any science they can find a use for. If they get the power to dictate who gets to burn which fuels, and how much, the control the economy. Energy is very important to most everything we do these days, and there is no good replacement yet for petroleum fuels. Clean-green energy is expensive. Biodiesel is the closest, but it's still puts out the same CO2, man-made CO2. It's not carbon-neutral, since we would need to to burn more. It's not as simple as pumping out of the ground and distilled, bio fuels need crops to be tended, harvested, chopped up, and converted. Takes a lot of green, to make just a little fuel, lot of energy burned to get it in the tank. See how they kind of gloss over the details. See how easy it is to save our climate, just ignore the cost, that most won't be able to afford, if we follow the doomsday deadline. They want us to take that leap of faith, and trust that they have the solutions in hand.

Climate... We've got another cold front passing through tonight, suppose to be in the low 50's by morning, cold climate for Florida. I'll dress like I always do for work, no jacket, no sweatshirt, just jeans and a t-shirt. A lot of people will be dressed like they are going snow skiing, and will ask where's my jacket... Usually, just be for the cold front passes, we get rain, hasn't started yet, some lightning, so won't be much longer. We'll have a wet climate, then it'll become a cold climate by morning. Now, I know the folks in the mid-west states are cursing me, since they are going through a blizzard, road closures, canceled flights, snow drifts, freezing rain... Don't regret moving to Florida on bit. Hurricanes aren't quite the monsters you see on the 'fake' news, use by Climatology. That last one that destroyed the coastal town, where it made landfall, got most of it's might, like most of them do. They don't carve a wide path of destruction, miles wide, as they pass through other towns, and states. The worst is usually just one or two locations, the rain does most of the damage. Tornadoes or much worse, just die out quick, tighter focus of force, destroys most everything in it's path.
27-11-2018 05:32
(21552)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Climatology was made up to prove Global Warming, and nothing else. It's a church/cult, like Scientology, which I confess, I don't know a whole lot about, except the founding father was a science fiction writer. All makes it sound legitimate, but it's one-sided science, only to find ways to convince the masses to believe, and act foolishly, as quickly as possible. Climate is how we perceive our environment, it's subjective, not something that can ever be measured or tested. Weather, meteorology, is something different, but climatology uses that too, as well as leach credibility from most any science they can find a use for. If they get the power to dictate who gets to burn which fuels, and how much, the control the economy. Energy is very important to most everything we do these days, and there is no good replacement yet for petroleum fuels. Clean-green energy is expensive. Biodiesel is the closest, but it's still puts out the same CO2, man-made CO2. It's not carbon-neutral, since we would need to to burn more. It's not as simple as pumping out of the ground and distilled, bio fuels need crops to be tended, harvested, chopped up, and converted. Takes a lot of green, to make just a little fuel, lot of energy burned to get it in the tank. See how they kind of gloss over the details. See how easy it is to save our climate, just ignore the cost, that most won't be able to afford, if we follow the doomsday deadline. They want us to take that leap of faith, and trust that they have the solutions in hand.

Climate... We've got another cold front passing through tonight, suppose to be in the low 50's by morning, cold climate for Florida. I'll dress like I always do for work, no jacket, no sweatshirt, just jeans and a t-shirt. A lot of people will be dressed like they are going snow skiing, and will ask where's my jacket... Usually, just be for the cold front passes, we get rain, hasn't started yet, some lightning, so won't be much longer. We'll have a wet climate, then it'll become a cold climate by morning. Now, I know the folks in the mid-west states are cursing me, since they are going through a blizzard, road closures, canceled flights, snow drifts, freezing rain... Don't regret moving to Florida on bit. Hurricanes aren't quite the monsters you see on the 'fake' news, use by Climatology. That last one that destroyed the coastal town, where it made landfall, got most of it's might, like most of them do. They don't carve a wide path of destruction, miles wide, as they pass through other towns, and states. The worst is usually just one or two locations, the rain does most of the damage. Tornadoes or much worse, just die out quick, tighter focus of force, destroys most everything in it's path.

I find it hilarious when the temperature drops to 50 deg F and people are putting on ski jackets in places like Florida and Las Vegas.
I live in Seattle. 50 deg F is balmy for us. People are taking their shirts off if the Sun is out.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 27-11-2018 05:33
27-11-2018 17:38
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3302)
Into the Night wrote:
I find it hilarious when the temperature drops to 50 deg F and people are putting on ski jackets in places like Florida and Las Vegas.
I live in Seattle. 50 deg F is balmy for us. People are taking their shirts off if the Sun is out.

Haha, yup, same thing here in WI... If it were 50 deg F at this time of year, I would be doing the same thing...
27-11-2018 20:28
(5192)
Guess that's why I still find it so amusing, after living here more than thirty years. It doesn't get really cold down here, I never forgot what it was like in Oregon. It gets chilly, and I do wear a jacket outside sometimes, like walking the dog. I don't dress any different for work though, because I know once I get started, all the extra clothes will need to come off, pointless, for less than an hour. Climate is perception, I just shift to memories of the past, and it doesn't bother me. When i gets down in the 40's though, I'm a little more health conscious though, about were you need to worry about losing too much body heat. Fortunately, it's seldom an issue anymore.
28-11-2018 00:08
(21552)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Guess that's why I still find it so amusing, after living here more than thirty years. It doesn't get really cold down here, I never forgot what it was like in Oregon. It gets chilly, and I do wear a jacket outside sometimes, like walking the dog. I don't dress any different for work though, because I know once I get started, all the extra clothes will need to come off, pointless, for less than an hour. Climate is perception, I just shift to memories of the past, and it doesn't bother me. When i gets down in the 40's though, I'm a little more health conscious though, about were you need to worry about losing too much body heat. Fortunately, it's seldom an issue anymore.

At least we can laugh at each other over it. Florida laughs at the 'northeners' for freezing their butts while they themselves enjoy nice weather, while us northeners laugh at Florida for being 'wussies' because they can't stand cold weather!

Nothing like home team spirit!

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 28-11-2018 00:09
01-12-2018 14:57
(5192)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

At least we can laugh at each other over it. Florida laughs at the 'northeners' for freezing their butts while they themselves enjoy nice weather, while us northeners laugh at Florida for being 'wussies' because they can't stand cold weather!

The cold weather up north isn't usually so bad, you dress appropriately, you can go about your day comfortably. One bad point of it not freezing here, is a hard freeze will kill of a lot of the bugs, we don't like or want. We also have to mow the lawn in the winter, fortunately not as often. Mine has needed it for a couple of weeks, but not really bad enough to get around to doing it...
01-12-2018 15:14
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3302)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

The cold weather up north isn't usually so bad, you dress appropriately, you can go about your day comfortably. One bad point of it not freezing here, is a hard freeze will kill of a lot of the bugs, we don't like or want. We also have to mow the lawn in the winter, fortunately not as often. Mine has needed it for a couple of weeks, but not really bad enough to get around to doing it...

True enough. At least in WI, winters usually aren't too harsh, as a whole. Moments of it can get quite harsh (double digit negative temps or a bunch of snow at once (glad I don't live in the NY area)) but usually we get through them easy enough. For how much winter we get, you'd be surprised at all the people who completely forget how to drive in winter (snow/ice) conditions...

Honestly, the worst part about our winters is the toll that they take on our vehicles (constant salt usage contributing to rusting). Vehicles in the mountain states (like MT) seem to do better than ours, in part because they don't salt roads to the extent that we do in WI.
01-12-2018 17:54
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Seattle has mild winters. It's usually in the low 50's during the winter. When I lived in Seattle my summer and winter clothes were the same except for putting on a coat.
Average Temps for December is 46°, January is 47° and February is 51°. Spokane would be a lot different but it's in eastern Washington and the Cascade Mountains keeps the warm air current that keeps Seattle warm from reaching it. Kind of why it was snowing in Pullman, WA. during the Apple Cup but not in Stanwood where my friend lives.
01-12-2018 20:19
(21552)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Seattle has mild winters. It's usually in the low 50's during the winter.

Been awhile since you've been in Seattle, has it?
James___ wrote:
When I lived in Seattle my summer and winter clothes were the same except for putting on a coat.

That's true for much of the country, no just Seattle.
James___ wrote:
Average Temps for December is 46°, January is 47° and February is 51°. Spokane would be a lot different but it's in eastern Washington and the Cascade Mountains keeps the warm air current that keeps Seattle warm from reaching it. Kind of why it was snowing in Pullman, WA. during the Apple Cup but not in Stanwood where my friend lives.

It snows in Seattle too, James.

Doesn't snow much in Florida.

Your whole post is a contextomy fallacy. Try to at least follow the conversation.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Fake News? Response to a Trump Tweet...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Do you think the Supreme Court will ban Trump6431-01-2024 22:27
And another fake climate board419-12-2023 12:45
Breaking News. Liberal turd Dianne Feinstein croaked and as such I will mourn in my030-09-2023 02:00
Breaking News- Please call 843-963-3600, if you have seen our crashed F35 Lego jet219-09-2023 14:52
fox news3516-09-2023 13:27
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact