Remember me
▼ Content

Exposing the Pink Elephant

Exposing the Pink Elephant03-07-2018 18:29
Tillerson
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
I've heard of the elephant in the room but the exposed pink elephant sounds like some finale from an eyes wide shut party.
I wouldn't know.

Human Overpopulation: Expose the Pink Elephant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tBggOuQYqE
05-07-2018 02:26
ErnieRogers
☆☆☆☆☆
(4)
I am a physical scientist--I can use science to help us live better. By reasonable arguments, we might conclude that the earth has been overpopulated since about 10,000 BC. I can accept that in principle. I see my job as trying to manage the situation I am given. In this forum, I think that means looking for ways for all 7.6 billion of us to get along on a shrinking planet that is rapidly getting hotter due to rising CO2. I will comment further on a different thread.
05-07-2018 19:31
Tillerson
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
Make it quick Ernie.

Heat wave smashes records around the world — a look at the sizzling temperatures
https://globalnews.ca/news/4311444/heat-wave-weather-across-the-world/
06-07-2018 09:57
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
ErnieRogers wrote:
I am a physical scientist--I can use science to help us live better. By reasonable arguments, we might conclude that the earth has been overpopulated since about 10,000 BC. I can accept that in principle. I see my job as trying to manage the situation I am given. In this forum, I think that means looking for ways for all 7.6 billion of us to get along on a shrinking planet that is rapidly getting hotter due to rising CO2. I will comment further on a different thread.

The planet is getting a little hotter.

So?

Can you cite a single bad aspect of this that is going to cost any local council that has traffic lights, more than its' traffic light budget?

I will need you to explain the mechanism for the bad thing, that is the bit between the temperature increase and tha bad thing and cite some actual sciecne that shows this mechanism.

Then if it is credible and will cost such a sum you win. You will be the first.
06-07-2018 10:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
ErnieRogers wrote:

Everything posted here is a denial of both physics and history.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-07-2018 15:29
Tillerson
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
Tim the plumber wrote:

So?

Can you cite a single bad aspect of this that is going to cost any local council that has traffic lights, more than its' traffic light budget?

Free air conditioning?

At least 18 dead in Quebec as heat wave continues
https://globalnews.ca/news/4311638/11-dead-in-montreal-area-as-heat-continues-to-envelope-eastern-central-canada/
07-07-2018 00:16
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Tillerson wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

So?

Free air conditioning?

At least 18 dead in Quebec as heat wave continues
https://globalnews.ca/news/4311638/11-dead-in-montreal-area-as-heat-continues-to-envelope-eastern-central-canada/

1, Do you consider this heatwave to be due to CO2 increases? If so is it an unprecidentedd heat wave or has such happened before? If it has what caused that?

2, If there is a slightly warmer world then the cold in winter will be less cold. I don't know about Quebec but here in teh UK it is winter which has the higher death toll. Thus I guess that an over all warming will make Quebec more habitable.
07-07-2018 01:36
Tillerson
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
I don't know, but I wouldn't want to go out on a limb and claim it's nothing to do with climate change. There was a fairly recent heatwave ... 2003 European heat wave. There was a study ... The 2003 Heat Wave in France: Dangerous Climate Change Here and Now.
Who am I to argue plus old news with it coming on so strong these days.

If the winters get warmer it might offset the cost of the free air-conditioning, so, a small win, until you need it on in the winter as well. But tomatoes all year round! Giant marrows. Yes the brits will love it.
07-07-2018 11:47
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Tillerson wrote:
I don't know, but I wouldn't want to go out on a limb and claim it's nothing to do with climate change. There was a fairly recent heatwave ... 2003 European heat wave. There was a study ... The 2003 Heat Wave in France: Dangerous Climate Change Here and Now.
Who am I to argue plus old news with it coming on so strong these days.

If the winters get warmer it might offset the cost of the free air-conditioning, so, a small win, until you need it on in the winter as well. But tomatoes all year round! Giant marrows. Yes the brits will love it.

So you are unable to show that such heat waves have not happened before.

You are unable to show that this has anything to do with CO2.

You are unable to show that a warmer Quebec is a bad thing.

You are unable to think.
07-07-2018 14:03
CoolCucumber
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
Whoah there, I think he showed all that and it has happened before.
Where's Ernie gone?

Join the debate Exposing the Pink Elephant:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Mount Everest glaciers are melting. And it's exposing the bodies of dead climbers824-03-2019 02:07
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact