Explaining climate change: The new role of the TV weathercaster08-03-2019 17:12
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/08/us/climate-change-tv-weathercaster/index.html
08-03-2019 21:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Unfortunately, a fair number of TV weather forecasters are idiots. Pretty idiots, to be sure, but idiots all the same. They are not scientists or meteorologists. They are talking heads.
09-03-2019 16:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
Into the Night wrote:
Unfortunately, a fair number of TV weather forecasters are idiots. Pretty idiots, to be sure, but idiots all the same. They are not scientists or meteorologists. They are talking heads.

They're desperate to appear smart and they think very lowly of their audience.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-03-2019 18:02
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

They're desperate to appear smart and they think very lowly of their audience.

Quite true. Welcome back! I haven't seen you in quite awhile here!

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-03-2019 00:31
(14377)
Into the Night wrote:

I was completely off the grid.

Trivia Question:

What do the DoD report claiming Climate Change is a threat to US national security and "all seventeen intelligence community agencies" claiming Donald Trump colluded with Russia have in common?

Answer ...

... there existing just one high-level political appointee who, at the direction of the DNC, pretended to speak for a large number of government organizations and personnel.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-03-2019 05:17
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Trivia Question:

What do the DoD report claiming Climate Change is a threat to US national security and "all seventeen intelligence community agencies" claiming Donald Trump colluded with Russia have in common?

Answer ...

... there existing just one high-level political appointee who, at the direction of the DNC, pretended to speak for a large number of government organizations and personnel.

Pretty much sums it up. The Russian Investigation was always political. Climate Change is little more than a video game. We aren't are war with Russia, so no collusion, should never have been an investigation. If talking business with a Russian, or a Russian some how connected to their government is a crime... Why are the Clintons still free?

Last month, they stopped 76,000 people at the southern border, trying to enter illegally. Last year, there were at least three large caravans, of thousands of migrants, who many claimed they would enter our country, one way, or another. I don't know the actual annual total of known attempts, or estimated success, or how many over stay visas each year, but it is a crisis, that should have been dealt with decades ago. Without documentation, the majority will have to commit crimes, to function and live here illegally. Could be simply lying, giving false information on an application, or living with others who do. A good portion will commit some serious crimes, and very hard to catch them, since they technically don't exist, and know it, plus they mostly just face deportation over jail time, and can just return later. We aren't looking at a few thousand a year, that slip through the cracks. It's hundreds of thousands each year, they are organized, which makes it a threat to our national security.

The simple fact, that the democrats are more concerned about the weather, and fictional crimes, over real issues, is disturbing. We have a muslim representative in the house, quite vocal, and very clear, about her hatred of Israel, and the Jewish people, not even a slap on the wrist. A republican would have been in fear of his life, well career for anything similar, even if it was 20-30 years ago (blackface photo). We all do goofy things, make mistakes, but elected representatives are held to a little higher standard, when it comes to expressing hate, after they take office. The law condemns acts of hatred, and our representatives should be made example, if they don't uphold those standards.
10-03-2019 06:06
(14377)
HarveyH55 wrote:
A republican would have been in fear of his life, well career for anything similar, even if it was 20-30 years ago (blackface photo).

The term "black face" has been hijacked because people simply don't know what it is.

It was the only way white actors could feasibly portray black characters. The routines were not racist; they often involved songs and dancing, but when the only actors capable of playing the role were white, makeup was just what they did. Actors in Shakespeare's day were always male, and those portraying women wore women's clothes. We don't condemn Shakespearean plays as being misogynistic because of how they handled portraying female characters.

Today, the black body paint that Raiders fans wear is referred to as "black face" if some of it is also applied to the face. Stupid.

10-03-2019 19:45
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Trivia Question:

Answer ...

Well, glad to see you back!

Yes, the noise comes from one or two people. There are many followers to the siren song, however.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-03-2019 19:48
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
I didn't grow up in the south, so didn't run it the racist stuff often, some had strong opinions, but wasn't really hatred in any sense that a whole race was bad, just certain elements. Usually those same opinions were applied, regardless of race. Even living in Florida for 30 some years, never heard of 'Blackface' as racist, until the past few years. I've only seen or heard of being used in the entertainment industry, and not in any hateful manner. You can pick at most entertainment, as far as exaggerating certain features or actions, but it's just how it works, most things are portrait as bigger than life. The contrast helps tell the story, it doesn't always need to be politically correct. Wonder if all those kids, that dressed up like Michael Jackson, makeup and everything, will be condemned as racists? I remember a young Japanese kid on TV, parents must have paid a fortune, but that kid looked like a mini-Mike, in every way, and had all the moves too. No hate there, he was good, I still laugh thinking about it. I wasn't a Michael Jackson fan, he got too weird after the Jackson Five.

Join the debate Explaining climate change: The new role of the TV weathercaster:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Understanding the Role of a Psychiatrist in Brooklyn, with a Focus on Williamsburg1408-12-2023 02:56
Off topic but Joe Biden just said three times on TV that he needs me..............012-03-2021 03:20
A Post On Quora Explaining What is Wrong With The 97% Consensus Studies208-03-2020 18:17
Cyclone Idai: What's the role of climate change?121-03-2019 17:41
Evidence of human role in global warming hits strongest statistical benchmark: study126-02-2019 20:16
Articles
Analysis - Explaining China's Climate Policy
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact