Remember me
▼ Content

correlation is not causation

correlation is not causation08-04-2019 00:15
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Since when is CO2 a climate driver? Never has been. Never will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tkDK2mZlOo
08-04-2019 22:41
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sbo8Ods8M0
09-04-2019 16:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:Since when is CO2 a climate driver? Never has been. Never will be.

From the MANUAL:

Greenhouse Gas: noun
According to the Global Warming mythology, greenhouse gas is a magickal substance (a gas) that has the magickal superpower to cause any black body in which it comes into contact to violate the Stefan-Boltzmann law by increasing its temperature while decreasing its radiance. This belief falls under Settled Science.

Greenhouse Effect: proper noun
Global Warming's loyal servant, creates "heat" when fed CO2, methane, water vapor and greenhouse gas by invoking his magickal superpower to force a black body to violate the Stefan-Boltzmann law. Greenhouse Effect continues to increase the earth's heat budget to aid Global Warming in His war against Climate. This belief falls under Settled Science.

... but you made it clear that the MANUAL needs two more entries: "correlation" and "Climate driver."

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-04-2019 18:21
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
As long as there is a 'consensus', it can be considered gospel, scientific fact. As long as you have a sufficient quantity, of 'scientist' (doesn't matter their field of study, or degree earned, if any), you can violate any other established scientific belief. Not sure how many of these 'scientist' are need, to form a valid consensus, guess it depends on the mass of the manure your trying to spread...
09-04-2019 23:00
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
HarveyH55 wrote:
As long as there is a 'consensus', it can be considered gospel, scientific fact. As long as you have a sufficient quantity, of 'scientist' (doesn't matter their field of study, or degree earned, if any), you can violate any other established scientific belief. Not sure how many of these 'scientist' are need, to form a valid consensus, guess it depends on the mass of the manure your trying to spread...

The problem is that the people preaching man-made global warming do not themselves know anything about it. So they accede to someone they consider to be an authority. This is precisely the same thing as acceding authority to the Bible.

And as we all know you may not question religious beliefs. At least with real religions you are arguing about things spiritual in nature and not things that can actually be touched and tested. This is the weird thing about the religion of AGW, actual records and chemistry knowledge exist to show it is incorrect and yet the True Believers continue.
09-04-2019 23:03
(14389)
Wake wrote:
[quote]HarveyH55 wrote:
The problem is that the people preaching man-made global warming do not themselves know anything about it. So they accede to someone they consider to be an authority. This is precisely the same thing as acceding authority to the Bible.

And as we all know you may not question religious beliefs. At least with real religions you are arguing about things spiritual in nature and not things that can actually be touched and tested. This is the weird thing about the religion of AGW, actual records and chemistry knowledge exist to show it is incorrect and yet the True Believers continue.

Wake, you are spot on ... but you get totally cheesed whenever someone agrees with you. Help me understand.

Do you believe in Greenhouse Effect?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-04-2019 05:54
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:Since when is CO2 a climate driver? Never has been. Never will be.

From the MANUAL:

Greenhouse Gas: noun
According to the Global Warming mythology, greenhouse gas is a magickal substance (a gas) that has the magickal superpower to cause any black body in which it comes into contact to violate the Stefan-Boltzmann law by increasing its temperature while decreasing its radiance. This belief falls under Settled Science.

Greenhouse Effect: proper noun
Global Warming's loyal servant, creates "heat" when fed CO2, methane, water vapor and greenhouse gas by invoking his magickal superpower to force a black body to violate the Stefan-Boltzmann law. Greenhouse Effect continues to increase the earth's heat budget to aid Global Warming in His war against Climate. This belief falls under Settled Science.

... but you made it clear that the MANUAL needs two more entries: "correlation" and "Climate driver."

You've got to be a complete moron to believe the crap you posted. You sound like a little kid wanting to try and show his big brother he's a big boy now.
I could come up with some good insults with your logic. Do you tell your girlfriend that if she believes you have a big you know what that she'll like it better? Or maybe you just stepped out of a cold shower?
What's sad is how you and your girlfriend isn't keeps abusing the Stefan-Boltzmann constant. Are you trying to discourage people from taking an interest in science? That seems to be your only interest except for each other and if people screw up the environment, who cares? Right?
11-04-2019 12:13
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
You know I'm just kidding, right?
I'll let you guys have this one for free.
We know our planet is warming because of the greenhouse effect, right?
So what IS the greenhouse effect? I'm being facetious now, It's when the
composition of gases in an environment change. This has been observed in greenhouses, hence the name. This occurs because plants and other types of vegetation convert CO2 to O2. And as the amount of O2 in a greenhouse increases so does the temperature temperature.
I think ya'all missed that little detail about a greenhouse, CO2 levels drop until fresh air is let in with more CO2. Then the greenhouse has a corresponding cooling.
11-04-2019 12:52
(14389)
James___ wrote: You've got to be a complete moron to believe the crap you posted.

I agree that one would have to be a complete moron to believe in the Global Warming mythology.

I, however, am not a Global Warming believer. I am not a member of that congregation.

Did you find any inaccuracies?

11-04-2019 17:12
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
composition of gases in an environment change. This has been observed in greenhouses, hence the name. This occurs because plants and other types of vegetation convert CO2 to O2. And as the amount of O2 in a greenhouse increases so does the temperature temperature.
I think ya'all missed that little detail about a greenhouse, CO2 levels drop until fresh air is let in with more CO2. Then the greenhouse has a corresponding cooling.

James, we can do without the high school antics. The composition of the atmosphere has changed less than one part in 10,000. I suggest you think about that for at least a minute. That someone could convince you that changing the atmospheric composition that small a percentage and that there is massive climate change because of it should actually cause any thinking person to pause and realize that idiots are everywhere. I think that you should start by looking in a mirror.
11-04-2019 18:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
James___ wrote:

So...according to you...greenhouse effect cools the Earth?

BTW, greenhouses are not hermetically sealed.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 11-04-2019 18:33

Join the debate correlation is not causation:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact