04-07-2016 12:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Chara wrote:
And of course when I know the peak medium temps
of Minoan Roman Middle ages warm peaks.
I want to know Today's med temp too. Celsius degs
please.

Since it's not possible to measure global temperature, we have no idea what the global temperature was during these periods.

One theory developed that tree rings could tell us some indication, but it turns out tree rings have almost no correlation with temperatures. All they really show is favorable conditions for that particular tree at a particular time.

We DO have records of bountiful harvests during those years, so it would seem that conditions were right for Europe to enjoy some great times. What the rest of the global temperatures were doing is impossible to say.

The 'Medieval Warming' is not a global warming. It is nothing more than a description of favorable weather in Europe.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-07-2016 07:14
Glitch
☆☆☆☆☆
(22)
Chara wrote:
Could someone inform me of this.

Top tempratures in Minoan and Roman and
Middle ages warm peaks.
Global medium temps Celsius.

The various sources for the following graph come from eastern tropical Atlantic sediment core (dark blue), Vostok ice core (blue), Greenland GISP2 ice core (light blue), Kilimanjaro ice core (green), north Atlantic sediment core (yellow), European pollen distributions (orange), central Antarctica EPICA ice core (red), western tropical Pacific sediment core (dark red).

Since approximately 8,000 years ago the mean surface temperature as been getting gradually cooler. That period ~8,000 years ago is also known as the Holocene Maximum.

It is assumed that the average temperature was between 2°C to 3°C higher than today's temperature. This is supported by the fact that plants such as mistletoe and the subtropical aquatic plant Trapa natans grew widespread in south Scandinavia. Linden, elm, spruce and oak were the the most common trees in northern Europe's dense forests, which closed the continent's interior into a big impenetrable forest.

The Holocene Maximum was the warmest period in the last 11,200 years. The Minoan Warming, Roman Warming, and Medieval Warming periods have each been cooler than the previous warming periods.
Edited on 06-07-2016 07:16
18-07-2016 21:25
Leafsdude
★☆☆☆☆
(141)
Everyone here's aware that the problem with climate change today is not that it's warmer than even recent history, but that it's rapid and constant, right? Even the MWP, though lasting a few hundred years, saw a gradual increase as opposed to the rapid spike we've seen over the last 100 years or so, as can be seen most clearly in the insert of the Holocene Temperature Variance graph.

Join the debate Comparing three warm periods:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Gargantuan sluice gate in Gulf Stream to warm Europe, lower nat gas need2926-04-2022 18:14
New York residents urged to take precautions to stay warm in the extreme cold1327-02-2021 02:42
Will Warm Winters Balance Out The Effects Of Greenhouse Gases?1410-02-2020 18:23
Warm Waters2023-12-2019 22:20
Global warming back to medieval warm period will increase Russia population 4 fold128-05-2019 19:30
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact