Remember me
▼ Content

Climate change will make it harder to predict heavy rain and floods

Climate change will make it harder to predict heavy rain and floods15-03-2019 17:46
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2196664-climate-change-will-make-it-harder-to-predict-heavy-rain-and-floods/
15-03-2019 21:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Define 'climate change'. Describe how weather forecasting suddenly won't work anymore because of it.
15-03-2019 23:24
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
We don't really get much of a warning as it is, besides, there is still just stepping outside, look at the clouds, feel the wind... Bulk of the flooding is poor storm water management, and failure to maintain/upgrade. Isn't really useful, to do the work, spend the money, after the flood, since it might be many years, before another big storm, in which case, they had stopped cleaning out the ditches and pipes, and upgrading to accommodate new construction. We only have a couple of months until hurricane season, and noticed a couple of places along the route I take to work, that will be underwater. Ditches overflowed, not to bad onto the road, last winter storm.

Weather forecasts have never been 100%, but they don't completely miss that often anymore. Could be they only report the obvious, and play it safe on the questionable. Predicting the future usually relies on luck and persistence. Can't win them all, but if you keep throwing them out there, one or two will come true.

Join the debate Climate change will make it harder to predict heavy rain and floods:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Chatbots sometimes make things up. Is AI's hallucination problem fixable?503-08-2023 13:20
Make A Donation If You Want To Have A Hint Of How The Current World Conflicts End113-07-2023 20:47
Confirmed: Global floods, droughts worsening with warming9923-03-2023 01:50
My New Digital Currency System Will Destroy The USD, Euro & Make World Peace014-08-2022 11:29
It Is Perfect Safe To Begin Make Some Big Changes In The World Financial System011-08-2022 07:31
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact