Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Change Lawsuits

Climate Change Lawsuits25-11-2018 12:36
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
I saw something on the news about a climate change lawsuit, but didn't catch the story. So, when I got home from work, got on the computer, started looking around. Couldn't find the story I was looking for, Google seems to be a climate change believer, since all it was giving up, was lawsuits against oil companies, or anybody not doing enough to save the planet from certain destruction.

Sort of forgot about finding the story I was looking for, and was wondering how many suits have been filed, against the church of Climatology and clergy, for misleading and false claims. I know they got caught at least once, manufacturing data, there were leaked Emails, that plotted ways to alter data, which should have been considered fraud, and criminal, but it is also doing financial and economical harm, so some damages should be awarded. Of course, it's government funded, so the would be paying with taxpayer dollars, we'd all lose anyway, but at least some lawyers would do pretty good.

Was wondering if when the global warming threat is proven to be a fraud, if there will be any criminal charges from the perpetrators, like Micheal Mann, or Al Gore. It's really an act of terror, and an attempt for a global take over. Would make a great James Bond movie storyline. I don't think all the scientists, or their work, is bad, or wrong, they were just misled, and their findings misquoted, misused, or falsely represented. Some might know it's a fraud, but they get money, to research real problems, just need to mention they considered 'Man-Made CO2', and 'Global Warming' as a possible cause or contributing factor. Mentioning it in their papers, makes it useful to 'Climatology', but really has nothing to do with the project, still fraud, but research cost money, I'm sure there are worst things done to get a grant.

It's a tough nut to crack, the governments of the world is already dumping a lot of money into Climatology, plus private funding, since there is a lot of money to be made, if the scam works out. No way to gather the funds, to fact check the mountain of papers being generated. Science is repeatable, but it would be incredibly expensive to read all those paper, not to mention repeating the experiments, to test whether or not the conclusions and findings are consistent with the research being done. The 'climatology' data should be open source, and available to anyone on request, not hidden and proprietary. We are all paying for it, and it's involves some be changes to all of our lives, just as bad as any of the doomsday predictions, if we don't follow their mandates. The only reason to keep it secret, is to protect future profits, and avoid going to jail.

I think most people don't like how much money is being wasted on this non-issue, and aren't so willing to spend money on lawyers to fight this monster fraud on the world. I have no doubt the truth will eventually come out, people will talk, even though they will be discredited, and thrashed in the courts and media. But, eventually the smoking gun will be found, the giant will fall. The bigger they get, the easier they fall, harder to control, get sloppy, careless. They think they are to big to be harm significantly, or too many people involved, they are well protected.
25-11-2018 17:05
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I saw something on the news about a climate change lawsuit, but didn't catch the story. So, when I got home from work, got on the computer, started looking around. Couldn't find the story I was looking for, Google seems to be a climate change believer, since all it was giving up, was lawsuits against oil companies, or anybody not doing enough to save the planet from certain destruction.

Sort of forgot about finding the story I was looking for, and was wondering how many suits have been filed, against the church of Climatology and clergy, for misleading and false claims. I know they got caught at least once, manufacturing data, there were leaked Emails, that plotted ways to alter data, which should have been considered fraud, and criminal, but it is also doing financial and economical harm, so some damages should be awarded. Of course, it's government funded, so the would be paying with taxpayer dollars, we'd all lose anyway, but at least some lawyers would do pretty good.

Was wondering if when the global warming threat is proven to be a fraud, if there will be any criminal charges from the perpetrators, like Micheal Mann, or Al Gore. It's really an act of terror, and an attempt for a global take over. Would make a great James Bond movie storyline. I don't think all the scientists, or their work, is bad, or wrong, they were just misled, and their findings misquoted, misused, or falsely represented. Some might know it's a fraud, but they get money, to research real problems, just need to mention they considered 'Man-Made CO2', and 'Global Warming' as a possible cause or contributing factor. Mentioning it in their papers, makes it useful to 'Climatology', but really has nothing to do with the project, still fraud, but research cost money, I'm sure there are worst things done to get a grant.

It's a tough nut to crack, the governments of the world is already dumping a lot of money into Climatology, plus private funding, since there is a lot of money to be made, if the scam works out. No way to gather the funds, to fact check the mountain of papers being generated. Science is repeatable, but it would be incredibly expensive to read all those paper, not to mention repeating the experiments, to test whether or not the conclusions and findings are consistent with the research being done. The 'climatology' data should be open source, and available to anyone on request, not hidden and proprietary. We are all paying for it, and it's involves some be changes to all of our lives, just as bad as any of the doomsday predictions, if we don't follow their mandates. The only reason to keep it secret, is to protect future profits, and avoid going to jail.

I think most people don't like how much money is being wasted on this non-issue, and aren't so willing to spend money on lawyers to fight this monster fraud on the world. I have no doubt the truth will eventually come out, people will talk, even though they will be discredited, and thrashed in the courts and media. But, eventually the smoking gun will be found, the giant will fall. The bigger they get, the easier they fall, harder to control, get sloppy, careless. They think they are to big to be harm significantly, or too many people involved, they are well protected.

Remember that they have to prove their case. They can't just make a lawsuit.
25-11-2018 18:08
(5192)

True, but they make a lot of outrageous claims about a warmer climate and the increased CO2, not just what they think will happen in 50 years, but what has happened already.

I've lived with hurricanes for over 30 years now, and it's not much difference now, than it was when I first moved to Florida, milder, if anything. I grew up on the west coast, wildfires have always been bad, and concern, along with the wind that drives them. The conditions have always existed, plenty of historic records of some pretty bad ones. Most likely worsening, is less preventive measures in California, since they don't burn off under brush much or often, do to air quality, and endangered species concerns, not to mention the rich folks don't like the smell. Permanent fire lines are like scars on the beautiful landscape, not to mention pre-cleared land is cheaper to develop on... The flooding last few years, is poor storm water management and maintenance. We have been neglecting around here for the past decade. They use to clear the drainage ditches least once a year (re-dig). Lately, they don't even cut the grass and weeds down very often, usually before the storm season. All that water needs to go some place, quickly, those ditches need to be kept clear, trash and junk removed. Ditches are easiest to maintain, but they usually run through some culverts, or underground pipes. They need to expand and upgrade, to keep up with new construction, road expansion. Costs a lot of money, every year, which our local governments would prefer to spend on projects they can hang their name on (nice park), or give themselves another raise.

There has to be proviable aspects of Climatology, that are false, and damaged somebody as a result. They have been too quick, these past couple of years to claim anything and everything bad, is the result of 'Climate Change'. I know, most politicians, started out with a law degree, and many never passes a Bar exam... Likely a lot of quick payoffs, and hush contracts. Just like having to prove your claim, you have the obligation to notify the offender of your intent, and give them a chance to resolve your dispute.
25-11-2018 21:56
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
HarveyH55 wrote:

True, but they make a lot of outrageous claims about a warmer climate and the increased CO2, not just what they think will happen in 50 years, but what has happened already.

I've lived with hurricanes for over 30 years now, and it's not much difference now, than it was when I first moved to Florida, milder, if anything. I grew up on the west coast, wildfires have always been bad, and concern, along with the wind that drives them. The conditions have always existed, plenty of historic records of some pretty bad ones. Most likely worsening, is less preventive measures in California, since they don't burn off under brush much or often, do to air quality, and endangered species concerns, not to mention the rich folks don't like the smell. Permanent fire lines are like scars on the beautiful landscape, not to mention pre-cleared land is cheaper to develop on... The flooding last few years, is poor storm water management and maintenance. We have been neglecting around here for the past decade. They use to clear the drainage ditches least once a year (re-dig). Lately, they don't even cut the grass and weeds down very often, usually before the storm season. All that water needs to go some place, quickly, those ditches need to be kept clear, trash and junk removed. Ditches are easiest to maintain, but they usually run through some culverts, or underground pipes. They need to expand and upgrade, to keep up with new construction, road expansion. Costs a lot of money, every year, which our local governments would prefer to spend on projects they can hang their name on (nice park), or give themselves another raise.

There has to be proviable aspects of Climatology, that are false, and damaged somebody as a result. They have been too quick, these past couple of years to claim anything and everything bad, is the result of 'Climate Change'. I know, most politicians, started out with a law degree, and many never passes a Bar exam... Likely a lot of quick payoffs, and hush contracts. Just like having to prove your claim, you have the obligation to notify the offender of your intent, and give them a chance to resolve your dispute.

What is funny is that this will set the stage for proving that NASA has been counterfeiting their data just like Dr. Michael Mann was doing. This will lead to HUGE attacks on science in general and the near complete loss of confidence in any government sanctioned science research. This in turn will lead to a discontinuation of all government sponsored research.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2015/11/24/german-professor-nasa-fiddled-climate-data-unbelievable-scale/

https://realclimatescience.com/2017/02/nasa-noaa-climate-data-is-fake-data/

https://principia-scientific.org/nasa-exposed-in-massive-new-climate-data-fraud/

https://realclimatescience.com/2016/12/100-of-us-warming-is-due-to-noaa-data-tampering/
26-11-2018 01:34
(5192)
Wake wrote:

What is funny is that this will set the stage for proving that NASA has been counterfeiting their data just like Dr. Michael Mann was doing. This will lead to HUGE attacks on science in general and the near complete loss of confidence in any government sanctioned science research. This in turn will lead to a discontinuation of all government sponsored research.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2015/11/24/german-professor-nasa-fiddled-climate-data-unbelievable-scale/

https://principia-scientific.org/nasa-exposed-in-massive-new-climate-data-fraud/

https://realclimatescience.com/2016/12/100-of-us-warming-is-due-to-noaa-data-tampering/

Good to know it's started. Climate Change isn't the only bogus research. Government has been funding way too many projects. It's fine, when everything is going fine, and have some spare cash, but we are $21 trillion in debt. Most folks tighten the belt, and live lean, until they catch up.

Real science can hold up to the attacks, it's what it's all about. It's only a fact, if can be prove, and can't find a way to be disproven.

I think civil court works a little different than criminal court, the burden of proof is mainly on the defendant. Mostly, it comes down to the lawyers arguing the case. Still think they are throwing out some pretty big scares, that have to impact people's lives now, while they predict events far into the future. A lot of of the stuff they been claiming to be so much worse, because of 'warming', have happened in the past, sometimes much worse, no connection to 'warming', just hijacking a natural tragedy. It hasn't really been about science for a long time, it's more like a political campaign, where they pick at every current event, and blame it on the other candidates, whether they know it's true or not.
26-11-2018 03:04
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wake wrote:

Good to know it's started. Climate Change isn't the only bogus research. Government has been funding way too many projects. It's fine, when everything is going fine, and have some spare cash, but we are $21 trillion in debt. Most folks tighten the belt, and live lean, until they catch up.

Real science can hold up to the attacks, it's what it's all about. It's only a fact, if can be prove, and can't find a way to be disproven.

I think civil court works a little different than criminal court, the burden of proof is mainly on the defendant. Mostly, it comes down to the lawyers arguing the case. Still think they are throwing out some pretty big scares, that have to impact people's lives now, while they predict events far into the future. A lot of of the stuff they been claiming to be so much worse, because of 'warming', have happened in the past, sometimes much worse, no connection to 'warming', just hijacking a natural tragedy. It hasn't really been about science for a long time, it's more like a political campaign, where they pick at every current event, and blame it on the other candidates, whether they know it's true or not.

Uhhh - no. The burden of proof is always on the accuser. We just watched this unfurl with Judge Kavanaugh.
26-11-2018 03:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
Wake wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wake wrote:

Uhhh - no. The burden of proof is always on the accuser. We just watched this unfurl with Judge Kavanaugh.

True, at least in the United States.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 26-11-2018 03:44
26-11-2018 04:06
(5192)
O.J. Simpson, not guilty of criminally killing his ex-wife, guilty in civil court for causing her death...

McDonald's lost the 'coffee too hot' lawsuit, totally bogus, coffee is suppose to be hot, and they didn't spill it on the victim either...

The hype and the threat can cause the damage, don't have to prove or disprove the climate issue.
26-11-2018 18:40
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
HarveyH55 wrote:
O.J. Simpson, not guilty of criminally killing his ex-wife, guilty in civil court for causing her death...

McDonald's lost the 'coffee too hot' lawsuit, totally bogus, coffee is suppose to be hot, and they didn't spill it on the victim either...

The hype and the threat can cause the damage, don't have to prove or disprove the climate issue.

The loss of legal cases against private, ill-equipped lawyers in no way disproves my statement.
26-11-2018 21:11
(21552)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Slip and fall lawyers coupled with whiny clients do cause a lot of damage. So do twit judges in some courtrooms.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-11-2018 21:12
(21552)
Wake wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

The loss of legal cases against private, ill-equipped lawyers in no way disproves my statement.

While true, that does not always come to pass in the actual courtroom.

Oftentimes, it is guilty until proven innocent, despite the law and the Constitution.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Climate Change Lawsuits:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
'We should be on the offensive' – James Hansen calls for wave of climate lawsuits017-11-2017 14:17
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact