Remember me
▼ Content

China's clean coal policy does not regulate CO2, because it's not considered a pollutant like in

China's clean coal policy does not regulate CO2, because it's not considered a pollutant like in the U25-02-2019 18:38
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
when Obama added it to the list in 2009, so why should the US waste money controlling CO2 when China won't?

China is largest clean coal power producer

https://www.cips.org/en/supply-management/news/2019/february/china-is-largest-clean-coal-power-producer/
25-02-2019 21:05
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
when Obama added it to the list in 2009, so why should the US waste money controlling CO2 when China won't?

https://www.cips.org/en/supply-management/news/2019/february/china-is-largest-clean-coal-power-producer/

This is much easier if you have a lot of Anthracite. This is much more clean burning than Bitumen. The US doesn't have a lot of Anthracite but stack scrubbers and the like can make coal a cheaper and more efficient and relatively clean source of power.

So it is not a good idea for anyone to accept China's NEA as a source of really accurate information on coal power because that can change overnight with the closing of Anthracite mines.
25-02-2019 23:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

There is no need to control CO2. CO2 is a naturally occurring gas in the atmosphere. It is not capable of warming the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-02-2019 23:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

This is much easier if you have a lot of Anthracite. This is much more clean burning than Bitumen. The US doesn't have a lot of Anthracite but stack scrubbers and the like can make coal a cheaper and more efficient and relatively clean source of power.

Anthracite and Bitumen coal burn the same way, Wake. They are both carbon. They both burn just as cleanly in modern coal burning facilities.
Wake wrote:
So it is not a good idea for anyone to accept China's NEA as a source of really accurate information on coal power
It's not a good idea because it's Chinese government propaganda.
Wake wrote:
because that can change overnight with the closing of Anthracite mines.

No difference, Wake.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate China's clean coal policy does not regulate CO2, because it's not considered a pollutant like in :

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
How can climate policy prevent wars.?10929-02-2024 21:25
The best policy.?212-01-2024 19:43
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
Articles
Appendix A - Tracing China's Climate Policy
Analysis - Explaining China's Climate Policy
The Dependent Variable - How Ambitious Is China's Climate Policy
John McCain: Remarks on Climate Change Policy
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact