Page 2 of 2<12
07-03-2018 17:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Define 'climate change' without using circular definitions. Discussing buzzwords is not productive either.

This is about all you have, isn't it ? Since you accept no definition then there can be no discussion about what does not exist. You have nullified your own existence because you are without definition.

You have not given one. So far it's just a buzzword. Care to try to define it without using circular definitions?

I am defined by Proof of Identity.

Proof of Identity ? To quote you, mere buzzwords. Please try identifying yourself without the use of buzzwords or circular arguments.
..ITN, I have an identity. I am an environmentalist as well as a concerned citizen. I am also a wood worker. And I am also an amateur scientist.
..I happen to like science and with some of what I am pursuing I think most scientists will like it. That is one problem I have though. If I knew calculus more than understanding what formulas represent then I might not enjoy science as much. Sometimes it is more about principles than it is about the math. I think I can demonstrate that aspect of it. What math allows for is to quantify relationships and events that either happen or exist or have been considered. But at no time does math nullify any principle in physics. This has happened because of how work has to be quantified.
..And ITN, sometimes limits can allow us to do more r to see more but to have no definition or constraints is simply a none existence.
Edited on 07-03-2018 18:32
20-03-2018 21:34
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Define 'climate change' without using circular definitions. Discussing buzzwords is not productive either.

This is about all you have, isn't it ? Since you accept no definition then there can be no discussion about what does not exist. You have nullified your own existence because you are without definition.

You have not given one. So far it's just a buzzword. Care to try to define it without using circular definitions?

Proof of Identity ? To quote you, mere buzzwords. Please try identifying yourself without the use of buzzwords or circular arguments.
..ITN, I have an identity. I am an environmentalist as well as a concerned citizen. I am also a wood worker. And I am also an amateur scientist.
..I happen to like science and with some of what I am pursuing I think most scientists will like it. That is one problem I have though. If I knew calculus more than understanding what formulas represent then I might not enjoy science as much. Sometimes it is more about principles than it is about the math. I think I can demonstrate that aspect of it. What math allows for is to quantify relationships and events that either happen or exist or have been considered. But at no time does math nullify any principle in physics. This has happened because of how work has to be quantified.
..And ITN, sometimes limits can allow us to do more r to see more but to have no definition or constraints is simply a none existence.

James - you appear to be intelligent. Our arguments invariably end up with you trying to blame things that you believe are happening on the last Popular Science article you've read. Science is not simple and science doesn't come down to one thing. It is all interconnected.

Now tell me I'm bullying you.
20-03-2018 22:08
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Proof of Identity ? To quote you, mere buzzwords.

The Proof of Identity is not a buzzword. It is a common formal proof in logic. Go look it up.
James___ wrote:
Please try identifying yourself without the use of buzzwords or circular arguments.

Done.
James___ wrote:
..ITN, I have an identity.

True.
James___ wrote:
I am an environmentalist as well as a concerned citizen.

You might actually trying learning how the environment works.
James___ wrote:
I am also a wood worker.

Never saw your work. At this point I'll just accept this statement.
James___ wrote:
And I am also an amateur scientist.

I have seen your work on this. You are no scientist, not even an amateur one. You deny science.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories. Among those theories is the 2nd law of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law, which you deny.

Also among these theories are those concerning the chemistry of ozone, and the physics surrounding electricity, both of which you deny.

James___ wrote:
..I happen to like science and with some of what I am pursuing I think most scientists will like it.

What you are pursuing isn't science.
James___ wrote:
That is one problem I have though. If I knew calculus more than understanding what formulas represent then I might not enjoy science as much.

Science is not mathematics. Mathematics is not science.
James___ wrote:
Sometimes it is more about principles than it is about the math.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories. That's all science is.
James___ wrote:
I think I can demonstrate that aspect of it.

No need to.
James___ wrote:
What math allows for is to quantify relationships and events that either happen or exist or have been considered.

True. This is called the formalization of a theory of science. The result of that formalization into a closed system such as mathematics usually becomes known as a scientific law.
James___ wrote:
But at no time does math nullify any principle in physics.

WRONG. Math has falsified theories of science before. Some of those theories were in the field of physics.
James___ wrote:
This has happened because of how work has to be quantified.

A theory does not have to be formalized unless you want to predict with it. Science has no power of prediction inherent within it. Theories explain, they don't predict. A theory MUST be formalized into a closed system such as mathematics to gain that power. The power of prediction ONLY exists in closed systems. It comes with the formal proof inherent in such systems. Mathematics is one such closed system. Logic is another.
James___ wrote:

To have no definition or constraints is to be undefined. It may still exist.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-03-2018 22:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James - you appear to be intelligent. Our arguments invariably end up with you trying to blame things that you believe are happening on the last Popular Science article you've read. Science is not simple and science doesn't come down to one thing. It is all interconnected.

Now tell me I'm bullying you.

Science is simple. It all comes down to one thing.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Change in sea volume due to sea ice melting:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Actor Jamie Foxx is now blind and paralyzed due to the covid vaccine that he was forced to take1011-02-2024 01:28
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
Jamie Foxx blind and paralyzed due to covid vaccine for Netflix3912-07-2023 20:11
LOL, Anheuser Busch is shutting down plants and laying off employees due to the woke fag bud light ads003-07-2023 03:36
FASTER GLACIER MELTING MECHANISM COULD CAUSE HUGE SEA LEVEL RISES420-05-2023 19:54
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact