Remember me
▼ Content

Carbon Absorbtion

Carbon Absorbtion16-09-2018 04:26
Kirkieb
☆☆☆☆☆
(20)
What is the greatest absorbing medium for Carbon via emissions.

Is there a natural carbon absorbing medium.
16-09-2018 21:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
Kirkieb wrote:

Combustion.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-09-2018 21:25
still learning
★★☆☆☆
(244)
Kirkieb wrote:
.....Is there a natural carbon absorbing medium.....

Carbon dioxide?

The kind of rock called "peridotite" has a mineral component that reacts with carbon dioxide under natural conditions. Removes the CO2 from the atmosphere as a carbonate mineral. It is a slow process though.

See https://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/gpg/projects/carbon-sequestration

Your question "What is the greatest absorbing medium for Carbon via emissions" I can't answer. Doubt if anybody can. What does "greatest" mean in this context?
17-09-2018 03:58
Kirkieb
☆☆☆☆☆
(20)
I guess the greatest is most efficient, readily available, reusable potentially its a line in the sand I guess. But we should be thinking along these lines with many more Coal fired power stations in the pipeline around the world how can we clean it up is where I'm headed.
17-09-2018 08:44
(21597)
Kirkieb wrote:
I guess the greatest is most efficient, readily available, reusable potentially its a line in the sand I guess. But we should be thinking along these lines with many more Coal fired power stations in the pipeline around the world how can we clean it up is where I'm headed.

You can always burn carbon.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-09-2018 18:32
Jeffvw
★☆☆☆☆
(84)
Kirkieb wrote:

Are you talking elemental carbon? I'm not sure why you would want to absorb it or even how to. It come is 3 major forms.

Diamonds. They are actually quite valuable. My wife would get very upset if I tried to absorb her diamond.

Graphite. In demand for pencils. Writing with a pencil does use up the graphite, but it still exists on the paper. It is just spread out, not absorbed.

Amorphous carbon. Has many uses. Common forms include charcoal and activated charcoal. Charcoal is used as a fuel, so you can burn it to get rid of it, but that is technically not absorbing it. Activated charcoal is actually one of the best absorbents of impurities there is due to its high surface area. It is a great way to filter out bad tasting stuff in water. Not sure how to absorb it.
17-09-2018 18:54
(21597)
Jeffvw wrote:
Kirkieb wrote:

Are you talking elemental carbon? I'm not sure why you would want to absorb it or even how to. It come is 3 major forms.

Diamonds. They are actually quite valuable. My wife would get very upset if I tried to absorb her diamond.

Graphite. In demand for pencils. Writing with a pencil does use up the graphite, but it still exists on the paper. It is just spread out, not absorbed.

Amorphous carbon. Has many uses. Common forms include charcoal and activated charcoal. Charcoal is used as a fuel, so you can burn it to get rid of it, but that is technically not absorbing it. Activated charcoal is actually one of the best absorbents of impurities there is due to its high surface area. It is a great way to filter out bad tasting stuff in water. Not sure how to absorb it.

Coal is primarily carbon.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Carbon Absorbtion:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems83423-04-2024 21:17
Happy fourth of July. I wonder how many liberals are eating carbon cooked burgers106-07-2023 23:52
Uses for solid carbon3006-07-2023 23:51
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Wetlands9623-06-2023 14:49
Biden wants to force 'carbon capture'821-06-2023 12:55
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact