Remember me
▼ Content

Can't Measure It huh?

Can't Measure It huh?11-10-2017 02:33
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
On November 11, 2016 the RAVAN (Radiation Assessment using Vertically Aligned Nanotubes) satellite was launched from Vandenburg AFB on an Atlas V rocket as a secondary payload.

After placing this satellite in orbit tests were run of the radiation being radiated from the Earth between 2.5 and 16 um. This band is almost the entire spectrum being radiated from the Earth as a result of the visible light spectrum being radiated upon the Earth from the Sun.

The measurements of these nanotubes are so accurate that they are within 0.1% accuracy across the entire spectrum. They are the blackest of objects known and hence act almost like the perfect black body. So there is no need to measure individual wavelengths and add them together with the errors that could bring about.

RAVAN began collecting data from Earth's orbit on Jan. 25, 2017, and the technology demonstration was declared a success in early August. — But the solar eclipse on Aug. 21 gave researchers a unique opportunity to further test an important carbon nanotube attribute: its strong sensitivity to rapidly changing energy outputs. While designed to measure the amount of reflected solar and thermal energy emitted from Earth into space, during the eclipse RAVAN's highly sensitive nanotubes would be trained instead on the sun to detect changes in the amount of incoming solar energy.

The levels of radiation being directly measured by RAVAN and those that were modeled by computer almost exactly matched proving that these satellites can directly measure the energy balance in question from "climate change".

In the future it is planned that there will be approximately 100 of these satellites which will give a wide enough sensory field and overlap so that PRECISE measurements can be made.

It would appear that nightmare's nightmare has already begun.

As an aside, this will also place an arrow through the heart of AGW.
11-10-2017 04:45
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofed: As an aside, this will also place an arrow through the heart of AGW.

When "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" started on this webcyst, it immediately made math errors, not even getting exponents right. I'm sure it can muff more math, as it pushes its brand of AGW denier liar whinerisms.
11-10-2017 19:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Wake wrote:
On November 11, 2016 the RAVAN (Radiation Assessment using Vertically Aligned Nanotubes) satellite was launched from Vandenburg AFB on an Atlas V rocket as a secondary payload.

After placing this satellite in orbit tests were run of the radiation being radiated from the Earth between 2.5 and 16 um. This band is almost the entire spectrum being radiated from the Earth as a result of the visible light spectrum being radiated upon the Earth from the Sun.

The measurements of these nanotubes are so accurate that they are within 0.1% accuracy across the entire spectrum. They are the blackest of objects known and hence act almost like the perfect black body. So there is no need to measure individual wavelengths and add them together with the errors that could bring about.

RAVAN began collecting data from Earth's orbit on Jan. 25, 2017, and the technology demonstration was declared a success in early August. — But the solar eclipse on Aug. 21 gave researchers a unique opportunity to further test an important carbon nanotube attribute: its strong sensitivity to rapidly changing energy outputs. While designed to measure the amount of reflected solar and thermal energy emitted from Earth into space, during the eclipse RAVAN's highly sensitive nanotubes would be trained instead on the sun to detect changes in the amount of incoming solar energy.

The levels of radiation being directly measured by RAVAN and those that were modeled by computer almost exactly matched proving that these satellites can directly measure the energy balance in question from "climate change".

In the future it is planned that there will be approximately 100 of these satellites which will give a wide enough sensory field and overlap so that PRECISE measurements can be made.

It would appear that nightmare's nightmare has already begun.

As an aside, this will also place an arrow through the heart of AGW.

You can't measure the absolute temperature of the Earth with a satellite. You don't know the emissivity of Earth or of any part of Earth. RAVAN can't do it either.

Any satellite can see the cooler spot caused by the Moon's shadow.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Can't Measure It huh?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth13205-07-2020 00:00
Here Is Precisely How To Measure Global Average Temperature714-02-2020 01:33
Why do they take out H2O from air when they measure CO2 concentration?330-04-2019 23:21
When we measure temperature, we don't measure the ground temperature, we measure the air426-09-2016 20:20
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact