Page 3 of 3<123
31-08-2018 07:51
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5558)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
My bad, I thought you were trying to say I didn't take the pic and stole it off the TV.

I guess you were just rambling on about nothing again. Sorry.

This is the same storm looking west at around the same time...and the view I wanted to get...and I just realized my camera is an hour off on the time. I did steal this one off the web.

How many supper cells are stacked in this one do you think??

That's a neat cloud formation. It looks like the arc of doom.

Yeah, very cool. The odd part of this was it was not so much a super cell, but more of a squall line with a kink. It was tornado warned, which is somewhat of a joke. I really don't know why they bother with warning QLC tornadoes. They're almost always rain wrapped so they are rarely spotted, and the straight line winds almost always outpace the "tornadic" winds. That was the case Tue also. There was an F-0 with 80 mph wind and there was straight line measured at 90. At 60mph forward storm motion, what's the difference? Not much.

... of course reading some of the social media, there were the typical idiots blaming climate change for a run of the mill Midwest severe storm. Do they have any flipping clue how much COLD air was involved in the birth of that storm?!!

No, they haven't a clue. It's the same with the hurricane or cyclone. It can't form without cold air either.

The Parrot Killer
31-08-2018 12:22
James___
★★★☆☆
(560)
...I think everyone knows it takes a cold front from the north and warm, moist gulf air to form a tornado. This is taught in elementary school. With hurricanes, they're heat engines.
https://www.livescience.com/24417-how-hurricanes-work-infographic.html

..@All, I like this. itn and GasGuzzler are trying to reestablish their credibility. But what does the name GasGuzzler suggest ? He really doesn't give a sh1t and itn is his friend. Tiresome and predictable.
Edited on 31-08-2018 12:23
31-08-2018 15:29
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1026)
James___ wrote:
...I think everyone knows it takes a cold front from the north and warm, moist gulf air to form a tornado. This is taught in elementary school. With hurricanes, they're heat engines.

..@All, I like this. itn and GasGuzzler are trying to reestablish their credibility. But what does the name GasGuzzler suggest ? He really doesn't give a sh1t and itn is his friend. Tiresome and predictable.

Tornadoes don't need a cold front. Quite often they form on warm fronts, and they will be positioned a bit differently in the storm structure. In Oklahoma/Texas panhandles region they often form on a simple dry line.

Yes, there is a lot of heat in a hurricane, what your point?

It is you that is trying to establish credibility after pointing out 2 supercells in a shelf cloud, and then claiming they were stacked on top of one another.

My name suggests that I drive a big truck that uses a lot of gas. It is needed for the work I do. What I don't give a shit about is how much CO2 I put out because all I am doing is helping the farmers get bigger yields.

And yeah, I'd consider ITN a friend. Never met the guy but I have no doubt we could toss down a few cold ones and have a good time.
Edited on 31-08-2018 15:32
31-08-2018 17:56
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5558)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

Tornadoes don't need a cold front. Quite often they form on warm fronts, and they will be positioned a bit differently in the storm structure. In Oklahoma/Texas panhandles region they often form on a simple dry line.

It is you that is trying to establish credibility after pointing out 2 supercells in a shelf cloud, and then claiming they were stacked on top of one another.

My name suggests that I drive a big truck that uses a lot of gas. It is needed for the work I do. What I don't give a shit about is how much CO2 I put out because all I am doing is helping the farmers get bigger yields.

And yeah, I'd consider ITN a friend. Never met the guy but I have no doubt we could toss down a few cold ones and have a good time.

We probably could!

The Parrot Killer
31-08-2018 19:01
James___
★★★☆☆
(560)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

...GasGuzzler, did you make so many mistakes in your post to make me laugh ? If that's the reason why then you were successful. You're starting to post like your girlfriend. her name is Into The Night and between the sheets, right ? And I'm sure that the 2 of you would enjoy more than just a couple of drinks together if you catch my drift

Edited on 31-08-2018 19:03
31-08-2018 20:16
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1026)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

...GasGuzzler, did you make so many mistakes in your post to make me laugh?......deleted insecurity BS

Can you name a few of my messteaks?
31-08-2018 20:38
James___
★★★☆☆
(560)
GasGuzzler wrote:

..I'll point out 1, okay ? You're attacking me because I believe that we need CO2 in our atmosphere so we can have a healthy ozone layer. That just let's me know what a jerk you are. And with itn, he's an anarchist. And this is his outlet for it.
..Ever hear of Loki ? The Norwegian God of Mischief ? itn only wishes. Then again itn is a troll; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
..And the 2 of you are friends. I wish I was making this stuff up but the 2 of you are for real, right ?
31-08-2018 21:52
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1026)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

..I'll point out 1, okay ? You're attacking me because I believe that we need CO2 in our atmosphere so we can have a healthy ozone layer. That just let's me know what a jerk you are.
.......Deleted spineless BS

I'll let ITN deal with the ozone BS.

You are the one making personal attacks and not talking about anything relevant....and you still have yet to point out my messteaks. Did I make a factually incorrect statement?

Grow some skin dude.
Edited on 31-08-2018 21:53
31-08-2018 22:25
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5558)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

..I'll point out 1, okay ? You're attacking me because I believe that we need CO2 in our atmosphere so we can have a healthy ozone layer.

Ozone is not made up of CO2. It is not affected by CO2. See the Chapman cycle.
James___ wrote:
That just let's me know what a jerk you are. And with itn, he's an anarchist. And this is his outlet for it.

Now you are just lying. I have already told you why republics work and democracies don't.
...deleted remaining insults...

The Parrot Killer
31-08-2018 22:44
James___
★★★☆☆
(560)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

..I'll point out 1, okay ? You're attacking me because I believe that we need CO2 in our atmosphere so we can have a healthy ozone layer.

Ozone is not made up of CO2. It is not affected by CO2. See the Chapman cycle.
James___ wrote:
That just let's me know what a jerk you are. And with itn, he's an anarchist. And this is his outlet for it.

Now you are just lying. I have already told you why republics work and democracies don't.
...deleted remaining insults...

...This is rather depressing. Neither of you can come up with a decent insult. That just doesn't give me much to work with. And this is all because neither one of you can tell the difference between a thunderhead and the rest of the cloud. I mean itn wants to define what he hasn't seen or experienced and gas guzzler might literally have his back. I find this hilarious. The 2 Stooges of Climate Change. If you guys got a 3rd person then you could have a pretty good comedy routine and come up with a catchy name like the 3 Stooges.
..You know; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Jg7pvVzKk
31-08-2018 23:13
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1026)
James wrote:
...This is rather depressing. Neither of you can come up with a decent insult.
Not here to insult. You'd know it if I was.
And this is all because neither one of you can tell the difference between a thunderhead and the rest of the cloud.

Can you tell me the difference between a person and the rest of their body?
Edited on 31-08-2018 23:20
31-08-2018 23:58
Wake
★★★★★
(3396)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

..I'll point out 1, okay ? You're attacking me because I believe that we need CO2 in our atmosphere so we can have a healthy ozone layer. That just let's me know what a jerk you are. And with itn, he's an anarchist. And this is his outlet for it.
..Ever hear of Loki ? The Norwegian God of Mischief ? itn only wishes. Then again itn is a troll; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
..And the 2 of you are friends. I wish I was making this stuff up but the 2 of you are for real, right ?

I think that you mean carbon monoxide requires the presence of carbon dioxide. Ozone is simply O3 and doesn't require the presence of CO2. Or O1 for that matter.
01-09-2018 00:18
James___
★★★☆☆
(560)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

I think that you mean carbon monoxide requires the presence of carbon dioxide. Ozone is simply O3 and doesn't require the presence of CO2. Or O1 for that matter.

...I was wondering if you were okay Wake. Haven't seen you in here for a while. I was saving this one for itn and gas guzzler [url] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7fMMjATjIc[/url]

...As for CO2 and ozone there is this Holy Link which does not define the relationship, just acknowledges that one exists.

Click on Chapter 5 to find the quote after the link.
https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/csd/assessments/ozone/2014/

Carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrous oxide (N2O), and methane (CH4) are each important to climate forcing and to the levels of stratospheric ozone (see Chapter 2). In terms of the globally averaged ozone column, additional N2O leads to lower ozone levels, whereas additional CO2 and CH4 lead to higher ozone levels. Ozone depletion to date would have been greater if not for the historical increases in CO2 and CH4. The net impact on ozone recovery and future levels of stratospheric ozone thus depends on the future abundances of these gases.

...The funny part about this is that GasGuzzler will hate people who support this but will like itn who will call it a Holy Link and delete it.

..Wake, this would go over well in a comedy. Kind of why I'm posting a lot of it. Just have to have a sense of humor about things.
Edited on 01-09-2018 00:20
01-09-2018 00:45
Wake
★★★★★
(3396)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

...I was wondering if you were okay Wake. Haven't seen you in here for a while. I was saving this one for itn and gas guzzler [url] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7fMMjATjIc[/url]

...As for CO2 and ozone there is this Holy Link which does not define the relationship, just acknowledges that one exists.

Carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrous oxide (N2O), and methane (CH4) are each important to climate forcing and to the levels of stratospheric ozone (see Chapter 2). In terms of the globally averaged ozone column, additional N2O leads to lower ozone levels, whereas additional CO2 and CH4 lead to higher ozone levels. Ozone depletion to date would have been greater if not for the historical increases in CO2 and CH4. The net impact on ozone recovery and future levels of stratospheric ozone thus depends on the future abundances of these gases.

...The funny part about this is that GasGuzzler will hate people who support this but will like itn who will call it a Holy Link and delete it.

..Wake, this would go over well in a comedy. Kind of why I'm posting a lot of it. Just have to have a sense of humor about things.

The numbers they are quoting are smaller than the yearly variations.
01-09-2018 08:15
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5558)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

...deleted rants and insults...

Ozone is created (and destroyed) by the action of different bands of UV light. See the Chapman cycle. CO2, N2O, CH4, does not significantly affect it.

The Parrot Killer
01-09-2018 14:13
James___
★★★☆☆
(560)
Into the Night wrote:
Ozone is created (and destroyed) by the action of different bands of UV light. See the Chapman cycle. CO2, N2O, CH4, does not significantly affect it.

..This is what you're talking about itn. https://binged.it/2Pl2FlO

.It's incomplete. Incomplete means not whole. It should include this as well.
When h < 242nm is mentioned it does mention the amplitude. The amplitude would need to be at least...
..For this, read the link. Where it says For 1 molecule , that's what's being left out. And that is only for breaking the covalent bonds of an oxygen (O2) molecule to form two atomic oxygen (O) molecules.

..Just to be clear everyone, E = hc/wavelength equals
Energy = frequency x Planck's constant divided by wavelength. I don't think everyone really needs to understand this but when it is known how much energy it takes to break a covalent bond then what scientists can show is that there is that energy in the stratosphere. While many frequencies of energy exist in our upper atmosphere they haven't shown the amplitude of those frequencies. This is what I'm on about at times.

..So when you say bands of energy itn that really isn't saying much. After all, what are you referring to ? You see, when you know the AMOUNT of energy that it takes to break a covalent bond then you can consider what has that much energy. Interactions in the stratosphere can be complex because for all we know it might be like a game of pool. Someone has to break the rack and then after that many different combinations of shots are available. And in pool Conservation of Momentum is always at work. And if you use "English" then Angular Momentum comes into play as well. So a game of pool could be like a field off gasses.

Edited on 01-09-2018 14:26
01-09-2018 17:21
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5558)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

..This is what you're talking about itn. https://binged.it/2Pl2FlO

.It's incomplete. Incomplete means not whole. It should include this as well.
When h < 242nm is mentioned it does mention the amplitude. The amplitude would need to be at least...
..For this, read the link. Where it says For 1 molecule , that's what's being left out. And that is only for breaking the covalent bonds of an oxygen (O2) molecule to form two atomic oxygen (O) molecules.

..Just to be clear everyone, E = hc/wavelength equals
Energy = frequency x Planck's constant divided by wavelength. I don't think everyone really needs to understand this but when it is known how much energy it takes to break a covalent bond then what scientists can show is that there is that energy in the stratosphere. While many frequencies of energy exist in our upper atmosphere they haven't shown the amplitude of those frequencies. This is what I'm on about at times.

..So when you say bands of energy itn that really isn't saying much. After all, what are you referring to ? You see, when you know the AMOUNT of energy that it takes to break a covalent bond then you can consider what has that much energy. Interactions in the stratosphere can be complex because for all we know it might be like a game of pool. Someone has to break the rack and then after that many different combinations of shots are available. And in pool Conservation of Momentum is always at work. And if you use "English" then Angular Momentum comes into play as well. So a game of pool could be like a field off gasses.

So you are saying the Sun is putting out less energy, and that's why the ozone is thinning??

If that's true, the Earth must be cooling as well, not warming as you claim.

The Parrot Killer
Edited on 01-09-2018 17:22
01-09-2018 20:29
James___
★★★☆☆
(560)
Into the Night wrote:

So you are saying the Sun is putting out less energy, and that's why the ozone is thinning??

If that's true, the Earth must be cooling as well, not warming as you claim.

...It seems we're back to this now.........posting with itn and friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkqz3lpUBp0
02-09-2018 15:05
James___
★★★☆☆
(560)
...This needs to be watched on full screen;

https://www.facebook.com/visitsenja/videos/1845282075559778/?t=24
02-09-2018 15:51
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5558)
James___ wrote:

Nice storms...what's your point (if any)?

The Parrot Killer
02-09-2018 18:17
James___
★★★☆☆
(560)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

...sometimes there doesn't need to be a point. I thought it was pretty cool footage myself and decided to share it. Just a lot of energy in one place doing it's thing. Probably best left undefined.
04-09-2018 03:11
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1026)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

...sometimes there doesn't need to be a point. I thought it was pretty cool footage myself and decided to share it. Just a lot of energy in one place doing it's thing. Probably best left undefined.

Another fun day in Eastern Iowa. This storm took a bit of a right turn on me so you can see the pic is looking south with spinning wall cloud to south/southeast with east northeast storm motion......I'm not in a good place!! I believe this is what they call the proverbial "bears cage". I need to find a different hobby...maybe airplanes?

Attached image:

04-09-2018 18:04
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5558)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

Another fun day in Eastern Iowa. This storm took a bit of a right turn on me so you can see the pic is looking south with spinning wall cloud to south/southeast with east northeast storm motion......I'm not in a good place!! I believe this is what they call the proverbial "bears cage". I need to find a different hobby...maybe airplanes?

I find airplanes to be an enjoyable hobby, but you don't want to combine the two!

The Parrot Killer
Edited on 04-09-2018 18:05
04-09-2018 23:12
James___
★★★☆☆
(560)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

...When I was a kid we were going from Florida back to Ohio. We were going to stop at my grandmother's in central Kentucky. We did but we missed the exit. What happened was that we caught a tornado from behind.
..We missed our exit because it wasn't possible to see the next lane. It was raining way to hard. My dad slowed to about 5 mph on the freeway to let the storm move further in front of us. After we got to the next city we turned around and headed back to the exit we missed.
..A 2 story hotel/motel had it's roof removed in one piece and deposited between the north and south bound lanes of I-75. That would've had to have been because of how strong the updraft of a tornado is or else it would've just rolled the roof off of the building.
..It was impressive to see the roof in one piece like that.
05-09-2018 00:12
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5558)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

...When I was a kid we were going from Florida back to Ohio. We were going to stop at my grandmother's in central Kentucky. We did but we missed the exit. What happened was that we caught a tornado from behind.
..We missed our exit because it wasn't possible to see the next lane. It was raining way to hard. My dad slowed to about 5 mph on the freeway to let the storm move further in front of us. After we got to the next city we turned around and headed back to the exit we missed.
..A 2 story hotel/motel had it's roof removed in one piece and deposited between the north and south bound lanes of I-75. That would've had to have been because of how strong the updraft of a tornado is or else it would've just rolled the roof off of the building.
..It was impressive to see the roof in one piece like that.

Yup. No doubt about it. Tornadoes suck.

The Parrot Killer
Page 3 of 3<123

Join the debate Brief history of ice ages, and how that might relate to our future:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Antarctic ice melting faster than ever, studies show3218-06-2018 20:14
Headed For A New Ice Age? Latest Data Says Yes!1505-05-2018 01:44
Arctic ice still rapidly decreasing10330-03-2018 23:34
Winter Sea Ice Sets Record525-03-2018 18:27
Change in sea volume due to sea ice melting4320-03-2018 21:09
Articles
Barack Obama: Securing Our Energy Future
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact