Page 4 of 4<<<234
08-10-2018 21:49
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
AK_User wrote:

There are no scientists who say ice ages occur every 100,000 years. There is also nothing "technical" about it. We are at least 8°C below the normal mean surface temperature of the planet. Which means we are in an ice age.

...Over the last 800,000 years it hasn't been much warmer than it is now. It makes no sense for you to ignore so much history. I guess since you know Yiddish it makes you arrogant? I know it doesn't make you special. It does make trying to discuss anything with you a waste of time. Hold it, you are saying now if we trash the environment it doesn't matter because over many millennia it will change. Those do seem to be your arguments.

What you have you got against Yiddish?

..Remember this itn? And after this post you claimed to have a Jewish wife. You and Wake claimed that those who know Yiddish know what they are talking about. It's funny because someone posted the definition of chutzpah thinking it should intimidate other people. And you know with me when someone starts using ethnicity to convey a sense of authority I say that individual is being bigoted.

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/methods-of-shutting-down-democratic-debate-d6-e1708.php#post_29645
08-10-2018 21:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Gamul1 wrote:
James___ wrote:
...Over the last 800,000 years it hasn't been much warmer than it is now.

Congratulations, you stated something reasonably true. Unfortunately you were not able to connect the dots and make sense from it.

The reason it has not been much warmer than it is now over the last 800,000 years is because WE HAVE BEEN IN AN ICE AGE FOR THE LAST 2.588 MILLION YEARS! We are currently in an interglacial phase of the ice age, which is a relatively warm period, but we're still in an ice age. If we were not in an ice age, the average Earth temperature would be about 17F higher than it is today.

James___ wrote:
It makes no sense for you to ignore so much history.

You have done a superb job of ignoring history and facts. And yet you accuse AK of ignoring history when he has been trying to expand your own horizon?? Whats that word? Oh year, chutzpah.

James___ wrote:
I guess since you know Yiddish it makes you arrogant?

What is your excuse?

James___ wrote:
I know it doesn't make you special. It does make trying to discuss anything with you a waste of time.

I would use the expression Pot meet Kettle, but you're just the pot here. No kettle.

James___ wrote:
Hold it, you are saying now if we trash the environment it doesn't matter because over many millennia it will change. Those do seem to be your arguments.

There you go again. Putting nonsense words into others mouths and then acting outraged over your own conclusions.

...Why the need to be abusive? Is it because you don't want to consider that our current average global temperature is about as warm as it gets if you look back 800,000 years? And probably for about 700,000 of those years it's been much colder. That's the reality of what we're dealing with today.
..And by saying the last 2.6 million+ years you're ignoring the current cycles that are influencing life on Earth. Uf Da! In Norwegian that basically means Up Yours! LMAO!!!
08-10-2018 23:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Gamul1 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. An 'average' temperature is not 8 degC below average!

Will you stop being so dense. You take the surface temperature at a spot, and take that temperature in 1,000 different places around the planet, pole to pole, average them up and What La! Earths averages temp.

Okay.Let's take your 1000 thermometers as a given. Uniformly spread over the surface of the Earth results in one thermometer for every 179000 sq miles. That is ONE thermometer over an area greater then ALL of California.

I have personally seen temperature gradients as steep as 20 deg F per mile.

You're guessing.

Gamul1 wrote:
Stop being moronic. Your mother raised you better than that.

Indeed she did. I am not denying the mathematics. You ARE.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-10-2018 23:44
(21559)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
AK_User wrote:

There are no scientists who say ice ages occur every 100,000 years. There is also nothing "technical" about it. We are at least 8°C below the normal mean surface temperature of the planet. Which means we are in an ice age.

...Over the last 800,000 years it hasn't been much warmer than it is now. It makes no sense for you to ignore so much history. I guess since you know Yiddish it makes you arrogant? I know it doesn't make you special. It does make trying to discuss anything with you a waste of time. Hold it, you are saying now if we trash the environment it doesn't matter because over many millennia it will change. Those do seem to be your arguments.

What you have you got against Yiddish?

..Remember this itn? And after this post you claimed to have a Jewish wife.

No, BEFORE this post. Also AFTER this post. I still do.
James___ wrote:
You and Wake claimed that those who know Yiddish know what they are talking about.
Neither me or even Wake made any such claim.
James___ wrote:
It's funny because someone posted the definition of chutzpah thinking it should intimidate other people.

No one did that either.
James___ wrote:
And you know with me when someone starts using ethnicity to convey a sense of authority I say that individual is being bigoted.
...deleted unrelated quote...

Inversion fallacy. YOU are the one that is bigoted. You are also paranoid.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-10-2018 23:50
(21559)
Gamul1 wrote:
There you go again. Putting nonsense words into others mouths and then acting outraged over your own conclusions.

...Why the need to be abusive?

James___ wrote:
Is it because you don't want to consider that our current average global temperature is about as warm as it gets if you look back 800,000 years? And probably for about 700,000 of those years it's been much colder. That's the reality of what we're dealing with today.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. It was not possible 800,000 year ago either.
James___ wrote:
..And by saying the last 2.6 million+ years you're ignoring the current cycles that are influencing life on Earth. Uf Da! In Norwegian that basically means Up Yours! LMAO!!!

That is not what it means. Uf Da! is a general purpose interjection. It has no meaning.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 08-10-2018 23:54
Page 4 of 4<<<234

Join the debate Brief history of ice ages, and how that might relate to our future:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The new USA electric tank, the dumbest invention in the history of warfare005-01-2024 15:27
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
THE FUTURE OF HYDROGEN POWER3109-08-2023 19:29
Climate Change: The Science of Global Warming and Our Energy Future, just $133.79419-02-2023 14:09
Energy and resource crisis in the future36328-08-2022 22:44
Articles
Barack Obama: Securing Our Energy Future
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact