Remember me
▼ Content

Behaviours toward Climate Change

Behaviours toward Climate Change19-09-2014 14:08
jessicalee
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Hello everyone,

It would be really appreciated if you could complete this short survey.

You are invited to participate in a study conducted by Dr Mark Hurlstone from the School of Psychology at the University of Western Australia. The study is concerned with people's preferences for how Australia should manage its carbon dioxide emissions in order to tackle climate change and the environmentally friendly goods they are willing to purchase to reduce their own household emissions. The study should take approximately 3-5 minutes to complete.

If you are above 18 years of age and would like to participate in the research, please click the web link below after which you will receive further information about the study.

Please ask friends, family and co-workers to complete too.
The more the merrier!
Thank you.

http://uwa.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cHqcYdt87TExK8R

03-07-2017 21:17
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
jessicalee wrote:
Hello everyone,

You are invited to participate in a study conducted by Dr Mark Hurlstone from the School of Psychology at the University of Western Australia. The study is concerned with people's preferences for how Australia should manage its carbon dioxide emissions in order to tackle climate change and the environmentally friendly goods they are willing to purchase to reduce their own household emissions. The study should take approximately 3-5 minutes to complete.

If you are above 18 years of age and would like to participate in the research, please click the web link below after which you will receive further information about the study.

The more the merrier!
Thank you.

03-07-2017 21:20
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
jessicalee wrote:
Hello everyone,

The more the merrier!
Thank you.

This survey has little to do with AGW and everything to do with how many people have been convinced that such a thing exists.
26-05-2018 17:27
JohnOtvos
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
As far as behaviour goes towards mediating the calamities, there is changing one's diet and lifestyle to going a whole foods plant-based approach. Some call this vegan, but that word can mean many things to different people. It is well established that the industrial animal agriculture model used the world over is the #1 cause and chief provocateur of our runaway climate breakdown emergency. The UK's Guardian paper has published recently that 70% of the world's birds (chickens, turkeys, ducks etc.) are kept as livestock with only 30 % still remaining in the wild.
26-05-2018 19:53
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
JohnOtvos wrote:
As far as behaviour goes towards mediating the calamities, there is changing one's diet and lifestyle to going a whole foods plant-based approach. Some call this vegan, but that word can mean many things to different people. It is well established that the industrial animal agriculture model used the world over is the #1 cause and chief provocateur of our runaway climate breakdown emergency. The UK's Guardian paper has published recently that 70% of the world's birds (chickens, turkeys, ducks etc.) are kept as livestock with only 30 % still remaining in the wild.

John - Show us the slightest proof that anything that has to do with ranching or the consumption of meat has any more effect on the environment than the great plains bison herds that went for mile upon mile upon mile. Or the African herds that stretched from horizon to horizon. Or flocks of passenger pigeons that too days to fly by.

If you prefer a vegan diet that's fine but don't make up ignorant reasons for doing it.
26-05-2018 20:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
JohnOtvos wrote:

How does the presence of animals (as livestock or as wild) change anything?

No gas or vapor can warm the the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-05-2018 20:41
(21597)
Wake wrote:
JohnOtvos wrote:

John - Show us the slightest proof that anything that has to do with ranching or the consumption of meat has any more effect on the environment than the great plains bison herds that went for mile upon mile upon mile. Or the African herds that stretched from horizon to horizon. Or flocks of passenger pigeons that too days to fly by.

If you prefer a vegan diet that's fine but don't make up ignorant reasons for doing it.

I think he's going for the methane argument. I guess he doesn't realize that plants put out methane too. There's a reason it's also called 'swamp gas'.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 26-05-2018 20:42
27-05-2018 14:10
JohnOtvos
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
A report in the UK's Guardian states that today 70% of all the birds are caged and farmed with only 30% remaining that are wild. Animals, check out Cowspirscy on Netflix. The vast majority of diseases that are killing us in the west are lifestyle diseases that originate with our diet.
27-05-2018 18:25
(21597)
JohnOtvos wrote:
A report in the UK's Guardian states that today 70% of all the birds are caged and farmed with only 30% remaining that are wild. Animals, check out Cowspirscy on Netflix. The vast majority of diseases that are killing us in the west are lifestyle diseases that originate with our diet.

Nothing is killing us in the West particularly. We are living longer, have more to do, are better entertained, and have more conveniences than at any other time in our history.

I take it you don't like chicken. I do. I used to raise the dumb things.

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2018 18:53
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
JohnOtvos wrote:

About 10 years ago, two scientists decided to estimate the total number of birds on the planet. The number they came up with was 200 to 400 billion individual birds. Compared to 5 billion people, this amounts to about 40 to 60 birds per person.

https://www.amnh.org/explore/ology/earth/ask-a-scientist-about-our-environment/how-big-is-the-bird-population/

You are talking out of your arse.
28-05-2018 18:46
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
JohnOtvos wrote:

Well, with your attitude you ought to be happy that these carnivorous humans are killing themselves off. Your posting make it clear that you are a vegan and hate anyone that isn't.

Of course you can forget that in India where these ranching methods have begun that more Indians than ever are being fed and starvation has dropped. That being undersized from vegetarian diets are at an all time low and that the middle class is growing rapidly.

The same in China where these methods of food production has made a significant change and the average height and weight of Chinese is rapidly approaching that of Americans.

But you have seen a Netflix video and YOU have seen the light. Never let it be said that facts and statistics would change the mind of True Believers in any modern religion.
04-06-2018 10:59
Ablbert_Einstein
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
If climate change was not true why has club penguin disappeared?
Checkmate climate deniers!!!
04-06-2018 19:09
(21597)
Ablbert_Einstein wrote:

??

Define 'climate change' and what it has to do with an MMO.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 04-06-2018 19:10
04-06-2018 20:04
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Ablbert_Einstein wrote:

Well, you got me with that one until I looked it up to discover it was in Disneyland.
01-06-2019 19:55
keepit
★★★★★
(3059)
Don't spend as much money.
You don't cause the burning of fossil fuels if you don't spend money.
01-06-2019 20:26
(21597)
keepit wrote:

We don't burn fossils for fuel. Fossils don't burn.

If you want to save money, go right ahead. If other people don't, that's their choice, isn't it?

The Parrot Killer

01-06-2019 21:05
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:

Aren't you sort of being hypocritical? You use a computer, the internet, all of which cost money, and uses electricity, mostly generated by burning fossil fuels. Doesn't matter if you are off the grid, or live in a renewable exclusive city (which import energy, produced by fossil fuels). The internet is many computers, all over the world. We mostly burn coal and natural gas to generate electricity in Florida.

Most people have to spend money, to use the internet. There are a few ways to avoid that bill every month, like stealing from a neighbor, freeloading on a hotspot, or living with your parents. Somebody still pays the bill though. For those who pay bills, they need an income, which usually mean going out everyday, punching a clock, and working for other people.

Earning an income is time consuming, most people don't have the time or energy left, to go out, and hunt, fish, or forage for a meal, or enough for a few days. Refrigeration really helps extend how long you can keep fresh foods. Stores and markets are a lot more prefered, since you can generally get the foods you want/need, everyday of the year. If you farm, ranch, or go out in the wild, you aren't guaranteed a healthy meal everyday. Raising food is time consuming, hard work, doesn't leave much time to punch a clock, and earn an income, to pay for conveniences, like internet.

Life is work, in one form or another. Few people have the financial resources (mom and dad), to sit around worrying over the outcome of a video game (climate simulations). How many of those climatologist walk or ride a bike to work, or around the world to examine the 'signs', to make their predictions? How many fly commercial, and how many hop on a private jet, with a half dozen colleagues? Have you not noticed, that the folks calling on everyone else to change their habits, don't follow their own suggestions, even a little bit? At least the pope lives by his beliefs, and the advice he gives other, although he really is a little to forgiving of his employees, who have an unnatural attraction for young boys, habit I guess, salvation is available to all, right?

Sure, we spend money, needlessly sometimes, but we can't stop spending a whole lot, least not significantly. The main expense we pay for, are generally things we need on a daily basis. True, most people don't need a 70 inch 4k TV in their house, some homes, it's sort of ridiculous, they don't really have any rooms large enough to really enjoy it. The power consumption isn't vastly different from a reasonable sized screen.

What's the point of being a member of a highly intelligent species, living with modern conveniences, if we can't use and enjoy, what makes us superior to liberals, rooting around in the muck, for a tasty morsel?

Honestly, research/investigate some of the loudest supporters/leaders of Climate Change, and you will find few that practice what they preach. Ask yourself why this is such a pressing issue, if these folks haven't started changing their own lifestyles yet. Why are they waiting for everyone else to to-the-line first. Lead by example, has historically been good advice, and effective in getting folks to follow that leadership.
01-06-2019 23:01
keepit
★★★★★
(3059)
Harvey,
I didn't read your post very thoroughly because it was just too long for my short attention span. However, i think you made some good points.
It's true that i spend some unnecessary money but i am working on it.
02-06-2019 00:31
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I didn't read your post very thoroughly because it was just too long for my short attention span. However, i think you made some good points.

You should take the time to read his post. Life is not a sound bite.

The Parrot Killer

03-06-2019 23:00
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Good advice! And Harvey did make a well thought out post there, too
05-06-2019 04:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Good advice! And Harvey did make a well thought out post there, too

What? Making excuses for being lazy minded? The US consumes 61 barrels per capita, Germany 31 (2012). Do we live twice as good as Germans do?
GDP per capita (2017), US was 59,927.9 and Germany was 44,665.5.
National Debt per capita, US over $60,000, Germany at about $40,000.
It seems that our generous Uncle Sam is what allows to enjoy such a rich life.
Thankfully we Americans as a country can keep the National deficit growing at $1 Trillion a year like it has been because it's not our fault we like it. The best part is, the National Debt doesn't have to be paid down. I mean what country would devalue the US dollar because our economy is based on our government's willingness to print and spend money on our behalf?
Sure am glad that facts don't matter. And with me, I doubt the national debt will matter until the dollar is devalued.
05-06-2019 05:32
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Into the Night wrote:
I think he's going for the methane argument. I guess he doesn't realize that plants put out methane too. There's a reason it's also called 'swamp gas'.

Hey I've had swamp ass a couple times.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
05-06-2019 05:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swamp gas is actually formaldehyde, CH2O. Uh, hate to ask GasGuzzler, what was his name or did you even know it?
05-06-2019 08:59
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swamp gas is actually formaldehyde, CH2O. Uh, hate to ask GasGuzzler, what was his name or did you even know it?

I didn't say swamp gas, dumbass.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
05-06-2019 11:24
(21597)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Nope. It's methane.

The Parrot Killer

05-06-2019 17:11
keepit
★★★★★
(3059)
Harvey,
At IntotheNight's suggestion i read your long post more carefully and as i thought it has good points.
I need to learn how to use the quote button so i can see what i'm commenting on right in front of me.

Join the debate Behaviours toward Climate Change:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact