Remember me
▼ Content

Beer rationed as UK's food-grade carbon dioxide runs low

Beer rationed as UK's food-grade carbon dioxide runs low27-06-2018 00:44
Tillerson
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/26/beer-rationed-as-uks-food-grade-carbon-dioxide-runs-low

This just in ... "Supplies of chicken are continuing but have slowed as producers, including the UK's biggest poultry supplier 2 Sisters, switch to using electrical water baths to stun birds ahead of slaughter.

Richard Griffiths, head of the The British Poultry Council, said: "We are keeping going at the moment with a slightly different way of doing things."

You don't say.
I would love to have been a fly on the wall in that chicken factory.
27-06-2018 02:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Tillerson wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/26/beer-rationed-as-uks-food-grade-carbon-dioxide-runs-low

This just in ... "Supplies of chicken are continuing but have slowed as producers, including the UK's biggest poultry supplier 2 Sisters, switch to using electrical water baths to stun birds ahead of slaughter.

Richard Griffiths, head of the The British Poultry Council, said: "We are keeping going at the moment with a slightly different way of doing things."

You don't say.

Doesn't the UK have an air liquification plant??

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-06-2018 02:33
Tillerson
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
I wonder, but their unskilled labor force do appear uniquely resourceful.
Could I interest you in a survey?

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/itsq14.pdf
27-06-2018 08:51
(21559)
Tillerson wrote:
I wonder, but their unskilled labor force do appear uniquely resourceful.
Could I interest you in a survey?

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/itsq14.pdf

No.

It seems odd that the UK can't produce enough CO2 for their markets. This isn't hard to do.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-06-2018 20:59
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Tillerson wrote:

You don't say.

..And this was why >>> The UK's biggest wholesaler has begun rationing beer, cider and soft drinks as rising demand amid the heatwave and England's World Cup campaign comes up against a shortage of food-grade carbon dioxide gas (CO2) which is hitting supplies.

..This is funny because a couple of weeks ago I was telling Monckton that the UK might benefit the most from warmer weather. It should get warmer as the years go by so this should become common place meaning no surprise.
..p.s., itn says we can't measure the temperature so how would anyone know there is a heatwave ? Also itn does not allow for definitions so a heatwave can't be defined either. Just saving you the trouble itn my friend. :-)
27-06-2018 21:37
(21559)
James___ wrote:
Tillerson wrote:

You don't say.

..And this was why >>> The UK's biggest wholesaler has begun rationing beer, cider and soft drinks as rising demand amid the heatwave and England's World Cup campaign comes up against a shortage of food-grade carbon dioxide gas (CO2) which is hitting supplies.

..This is funny because a couple of weeks ago I was telling Monckton that the UK might benefit the most from warmer weather. It should get warmer as the years go by so this should become common place meaning no surprise.
..p.s., itn says we can't measure the temperature so how would anyone know there is a heatwave ? Also itn does not allow for definitions so a heatwave can't be defined either. Just saving you the trouble itn my friend. :-)

Contextomy.I said no such things. You really gotta stop making stuff up.

The Parrot Killer

28-06-2018 07:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tillerson wrote:

You don't say.

..Nothing replaces taking the time to learn. We can't claim to have all of the answers. What we can do is to try and understand what influence we do have on our environment.
..You missed the fact that 10 w/m^2 = 10° C. Yet Global Warming is much less than that. This suggests that our atmosphere is able to dissipate most of it.
..You and Wake missed this. As for everybody else ? I think they are learning. This is the main problem with "if" climate change is happening. It's an emotional argument.
28-06-2018 11:45
(21559)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tillerson wrote:

You don't say.

..Nothing replaces taking the time to learn.

True. You should try it sometime.
James___ wrote:
We can't claim to have all of the answers.

No, but that's how you get the answers.
James___ wrote:
What we can do is to try and understand what influence we do have on our environment.

Void argument.
James___ wrote:
..You missed the fact that 10 w/m^2 = 10° C.

You can't slow or trap heat.
James___ wrote:
Yet Global Warming is much less than that.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
James___ wrote:
This suggests that our atmosphere is able to dissipate most of it.

Nah. It only demonstrates you still haven't learned anything.
James___ wrote:
..You and Wake missed this.

Missing a void argument is not missing anything.
James___ wrote:
As for everybody else ? I think they are learning.

Some are, some aren't.
James___ wrote:
This is the main problem with "if" climate change is happening. It's an emotional argument.

Define 'climate change' without using circular definitions. Buzzwords are not a 'happening'.

The Parrot Killer

28-06-2018 16:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tillerson wrote:

You don't say.

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:
What we can do is to try and understand what influence we do have on our environment.

Void argument.
James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

Some are, some aren't.
James___ wrote:
This is the main problem with "if" climate change is happening. It's an emotional argument.

Define 'climate change' without using circular definitions. Buzzwords are not a 'happening'.

..itn, as I've mentioned before, I think you're nothing more than a hater. Your last statement IMO shows your ignorance.
Into the Night wrote:
Define 'climate change' without using circular definitions.

..You have no opinion of what a climate it is. This perspective of yours is so stupid that it's anal retentive.
https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=SK216DF&PC=SK216&q=anal+retentive
28-06-2018 20:17
(21559)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tillerson wrote:

You don't say.

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

Void argument.
James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

Some are, some aren't.
James___ wrote:

..itn, as I've mentioned before, I think you're nothing more than a hater. Your last statement IMO shows your ignorance.
Into the Night wrote:

..You have no opinion of what a climate it is. This perspective of yours is so stupid that it's anal retentive.

Try English. It works better.

Climate is usually defined as something like 'weather over a long time'.

Climate is not something that changes, even though there are different climates. There is no such thing as a global climate because there is no such thing as a global weather.

So...I ask again...define 'climate change' without using circular definitions. Buzzwords carry no meaning. Using them to base an argument on is called a void argument.

The Parrot Killer

29-06-2018 00:58
Tillerson
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
Into the Night wrote:

"Climate is usually defined as something like 'weather over a long time'."

That's pretty close the best I could find was from a free online 'oxford'...

"The weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period."

It's middle english apparently ...

Origin
Late Middle English: from Old French climat or late Latin clima, climat-, from Greek klima 'slope, zone', from klinein 'to slope'. The term originally denoted a zone of the earth between two lines of latitude, then any region of the earth, and later, a region considered with reference to its atmospheric conditions. Compare with clime.

But it's this chicken thing that fascinates me.
I wonder if they do anything with the used chicken water after a couple of days.
It must get a little bit brothy.
30-06-2018 16:28
Tillerson
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
Warburton's shuts crumpet plants due to CO2 shortage
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44644407

"...Meanwhile, the British Beer and Pub Association (BBPA) said brewers were "working their socks off" to keep the beer flowing."

In this heat?

30-06-2018 22:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tillerson wrote:

You don't say.

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

Void argument.
James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

Some are, some aren't.
James___ wrote:

Into the Night wrote:

Climate is not something that changes, even though there are different climates. There is no such thing as a global climate because there is no such thing as a global weather.

So...I ask again...define 'climate change' without using circular definitions. Buzzwords carry no meaning. Using them to base an argument on is called a void argument.

.....ИТН,
...Что ? Я вас не розиймию. Ты сказать потепаюсь по Английский ?
..Почемьу ?
01-07-2018 02:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tillerson wrote:

You don't say.

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

Void argument.
James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

Some are, some aren't.
James___ wrote:

Into the Night wrote:

.....ИТН,
...Что ? Я вас не розиймию. Ты сказать потепаюсь по Английский ?
..Почемьу ?

...Теперь Я знаю ! Ты не понимаешь по Украинский ! Почему не сказать нечего ? Я буду потепюсь по Pуский, Дa ?
Edited on 01-07-2018 02:49
01-07-2018 11:19
Tillerson
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
Ah, reminds me of the old Ukrainian songs my uncle sang working in the salt mines ...

"Я желание все они мог быть калифорнийские девчонки ..."
01-07-2018 14:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Tillerson wrote:
Ah, reminds me of the old Ukrainian songs my uncle sang working in the salt mines ...

...Вот как большой Урал

..Где ИТН ? Он сказал потепюсь по Английскй, хорошое ? Правда ?
.Я только хочу знать.

..ITN,
.Engleske is actually my 2nd language. Have spent a fair amount of time learning Russian and some Ukrainian. You ever been around people who do nothing but will tell you how good they are at the same time ?
.For a political bent, anymore being an American doesn't mean anything. Getting things right doesn't matter anymore.
..With Marcelo Guzman (http://www.guzmanlab.com/research/atmospheric-chemistry-1), he is from Argentina, I lived in Norway when I was a kid.
.And if you consider what he says about his lab only a couple of miles from where I live,
..More than half of the mass of tropospheric aerosols consists of complex organic matter largely derived from the chemical transformation of (natural and anthropogenic) gas emissions into species that can attach to seed particles. Additionally, organic matter is one of the main contributors to aerosol absorptivity in the near-UV−visible ranges. For the previous reasons, our laboratory studies the missing mechanisms of secondary organic aerosol (SOA) production from heterogeneous oxidations and sunlight photolysis. Our work explores how chemical reactions of atmospheric interest proceed "on surfaces" and "in water" under tropospheric conditions. These studies will contribute to understand the daily cycles of aerosol absorption observed in the field, and that may introduce a key feedback in the earth's radiative balance.

..My experiment might show him his "missing mechanism". So it could be big or as I sometimes like to say, Его могал быть БОЛШОЙ !
Edited on 01-07-2018 15:15
01-07-2018 23:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
I was really hoping that we could move past one language. This sucks. Is there the 1 right language ? This would simplify things. I admit that my parents made a mistake in having my move back to America. My learning Engleske ruined my life.
02-07-2018 00:41
Tillerson
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
Chin up, the Beach Bpys got a song out of it.
02-07-2018 03:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Tillerson wrote:
Chin up, the Beach Boys got a song out of it.

...Yeah and Jan and Dean were 2 different people. One of them was in the National Guard when Barbara Ann made it big. Just a song about a stripper.
02-07-2018 10:05
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
James___ wrote:
Tillerson wrote:

...Вот как большой Урал

..Где ИТН ? Он сказал потепюсь по Английскй, хорошое ? Правда ?
.Я только хочу знать.

..ITN,
.Engleske is actually my 2nd language. Have spent a fair amount of time learning Russian and some Ukrainian. You ever been around people who do nothing but will tell you how good they are at the same time ?
.For a political bent, anymore being an American doesn't mean anything. Getting things right doesn't matter anymore.
..With Marcelo Guzman (http://www.guzmanlab.com/research/atmospheric-chemistry-1), he is from Argentina, I lived in Norway when I was a kid.
.And if you consider what he says about his lab only a couple of miles from where I live,
..More than half of the mass of tropospheric aerosols consists of complex organic matter largely derived from the chemical transformation of (natural and anthropogenic) gas emissions into species that can attach to seed particles. Additionally, organic matter is one of the main contributors to aerosol absorptivity in the near-UV−visible ranges. For the previous reasons, our laboratory studies the missing mechanisms of secondary organic aerosol (SOA) production from heterogeneous oxidations and sunlight photolysis. Our work explores how chemical reactions of atmospheric interest proceed "on surfaces" and "in water" under tropospheric conditions. These studies will contribute to understand the daily cycles of aerosol absorption observed in the field, and that may introduce a key feedback in the earth's radiative balance.

..My experiment might show him his "missing mechanism". So it could be big or as I sometimes like to say, Его могал быть БОЛШОЙ !

Given that I don't know what your experiment is ( it has been often written about but no actual information ) it must be a chemistry based thing that studies the way organic chemicals are effected by sunshine at low temperatures and pressures.

What the hell that has to do with a power source is beyond me.
02-07-2018 14:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Tim the plumber wrote:

Given that I don't know what your experiment is ( it has been often written about but no actual information ) it must be a chemistry based thing that studies the way organic chemicals are effected by sunshine at low temperatures and pressures.

What the hell that has to do with a power source is beyond me.[/color]

...The experiment isn't supposed to work because there is no power source, ie.,
no oxidizer. Yet if it does work then I'd be showing someone with a Ph.D.
something that they don't understand about their own research. Then again if I am right then I'm the only one who knows this and it could greatly benefit his research. So it would be highly unusual for an amateur scientist such as myself to show an actual scientist something. This would mean at the end of the day that he'd still know a lot more about science than I do and that's okay because I'm trying to get a wood working shop set up so this will be 1 and Done for me.
..I'll let ya'all (I live in Kentucky, USA, we say "Ya'all here) know my
null hyopothesis.

..The NULL HYPOTHESIS states that in the upper troposphere or in the tropopause that no chemical reactions will take place involving CO2 and H2O.
..This is because an oxidizer is not present. And if a change in the volume in PPM of both CO2 and H2O changes in the same quantity then it could be considered if the H2O molecule was attracted to the CO2 molecule because of CO2's ability to trap heat.

..As far as climate change goes and according to what Dr. Guzman wrote, IMO CO2 might not have much influence in the warming of our atmosphere. There's a lot of other stuff in our atmosphere and my position has always been that we need more research.
..The experiment itself is rather simple. 4 different containers would be floated up to an altitude considered to be the upper troposphere,
The boundary between the upper troposphere and the lower stratosphere, varying in altitude from about 5 miles (8 kilometers) at the poles to 11 miles (17.7 kilometers) at the equator.

..The 4 containers could have nothing more than the air that we breathe in them. While the upper troposphere and the tropopause both have low pressure and are quite cold I think the field itself would allow for a chemical reaction between CO2 and H2O. If so then scientists could wonder why the tropopause and the mesopause are so cold. After all, there is supposed to be nothing there and yet if a chemical reaction happens in such a field but not in the lower troposphere (what we live in) then we would know there is something unique happening there. And if the same chemical reaction takes place in the lower troposphere by using a Joules-Thomson throttling process then we could wonder what creates that same effect in 2 different layers of our atmosphere.
..I have read research showing that a CO2 molecule stores heat better than other molecules in a Joules-Thomson field. And it's that heat which could attract an H2O molecule. And an H2O molecule has sufficient KE to break the double covalent bonds of a CO2 molecule. And by doing that the carbon element could bind with the H2O molecule allowing for both O2 and CH2O to occur.
..I think this also shows that I have too much free time on my hands.
Edited on 02-07-2018 14:36
02-07-2018 20:31
(21559)
James___ wrote:
...The experiment isn't supposed to work because there is no power source, ie.,
no oxidizer.

An oxidizer is not a power source.
James___ wrote:
Yet if it does work then I'd be showing someone with a Ph.D.
something that they don't understand about their own research. Then again if I am right then I'm the only one who knows this and it could greatly benefit his research. So it would be highly unusual for an amateur scientist such as myself to show an actual scientist something. This would mean at the end of the day that he'd still know a lot more about science than I do and that's okay because I'm trying to get a wood working shop set up so this will be 1 and Done for me.
..I'll let ya'all (I live in Kentucky, USA, we say "Ya'all here) know my
null hyopothesis.

..The NULL HYPOTHESIS states that in the upper troposphere or in the tropopause that no chemical reactions will take place involving CO2 and H2O.

Not a null hypothesis. A theory.
James___ wrote:
..This is because an oxidizer is not present.

Oxygen...is an oxidizer...get it?
James___ wrote:
And if a change in the volume in PPM of both CO2 and H2O changes in the same quantity then it could be considered if the H2O molecule was attracted to the CO2 molecule because of CO2's ability to trap heat.

It is not possible to slow or trap heat.
James___ wrote:
..As far as climate change goes and according to what Dr. Guzman wrote, IMO CO2 might not have much influence in the warming of our atmosphere. There's a lot of other stuff in our atmosphere and my position has always been that we need more research.
..The experiment itself is rather simple. 4 different containers would be floated up to an altitude considered to be the upper troposphere,
The boundary between the upper troposphere and the lower stratosphere, varying in altitude from about 5 miles (8 kilometers) at the poles to 11 miles (17.7 kilometers) at the equator.

..The 4 containers could have nothing more than the air that we breathe in them. While the upper troposphere and the tropopause both have low pressure and are quite cold I think the field itself would allow for a chemical reaction between CO2 and H2O.

We have such containers already. They're called 'airplanes'. They routinely fly in the tropopause.
James___ wrote:
If so then scientists could wonder why the tropopause and the mesopause are so cold.

They already know. See the Chapman cycle for the tropopause and the radiation gap for the mesopause.
James___ wrote:
After all, there is supposed to be nothing there and yet if a chemical reaction happens in such a field but not in the lower troposphere (what we live in) then we would know there is something unique happening there.

There IS something there. It's called the 'atmosphere'. Some IS unique happening there. See the Chapman cycle.
James___ wrote:
And if the same chemical reaction takes place in the lower troposphere by using a Joules-Thomson throttling process then we could wonder what creates that same effect in 2 different layers of our atmosphere.
[quote]James___ wrote:
..I have read research showing that a CO2 molecule stores heat better than other molecules in a Joules-Thomson field.

No plugs, orifices, or valves in the atmosphere.
James___ wrote:
And it's that heat which could attract an H2O molecule.

Heat does not attract anything.
James___ wrote:
And an H2O molecule has sufficient KE to break the double covalent bonds of a CO2 molecule.
And by doing that the carbon element could bind with the H2O molecule allowing for both O2 and CH2O to occur.

The result is formic acid, not formaldehyde.
James___ wrote:
..I think this also shows that I have too much free time on my hands.

An no knowledge of chemistry.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Beer rationed as UK's food-grade carbon dioxide runs low:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems82709-02-2024 03:41
The food network is now featuring Chinese whole shrimp recipes complete with shrimp shit025-09-2023 03:37
Did you know that in 1970/80 microwave ovens cooked food from the inside out?2113-08-2023 01:23
The EPA's ambitious plan to cut auto emissions to slow climate change runs into skepticism106-08-2023 20:31
Happy fourth of July. I wonder how many liberals are eating carbon cooked burgers106-07-2023 23:52
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact