Remember me
▼ Content

Artificial Photosynthesis to Save the World?

Artificial Photosynthesis to Save the World?07-02-2016 15:17
CarbonIsBad
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I was just wondering, theoretically, artificial photosynthesis would be able to reduce the carbon dioxide that is currently present in our air and produce sugar/fuel and oxygen out of that? Don't take me as a professional, but would it not be possible to either replicate or immobilize certain enzymes found in plants and create a super hybrid machine that would be super efficient if reducing the CO2 concentrations present in our atmosphere? As I understand it, even the most sufficient plants have relatively low photosynthesis efficiency . . .
07-02-2016 18:00
still learning
★★☆☆☆
(244)
CarbonIsBad wrote:
....I was just wondering, theoretically, artificial photosynthesis would be able to reduce the carbon dioxide that is currently present in our air and produce sugar/fuel and oxygen out of that?......

Google the subject, "artificial photosynthesis," lots of articles out there. Might start with the Wikipedia entry. Google "artificial photosynthesis journal," get lots of entries for the actual science journal articles, different stuff than what the mass media puts out. Switch to google scholar, search again. Lots of articles out there, lots of folks working in the area.

Just based on a quick look, lots of approaches to artificial photosynthesis, but no practical solutions yet.

Plants maintain themselves, plants make themselves. Don't require scarce materials for catalysts.

Figure out a practical way and you'll be a hero.
07-02-2016 18:44
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Not enough nutrients to do that.
11-12-2017 21:00
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
CarbonIsBad wrote:
Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I was just wondering, theoretically, artificial photosynthesis would be able to reduce the carbon dioxide that is currently present in our air and produce sugar/fuel and oxygen out of that? Don't take me as a professional, but would it not be possible to either replicate or immobilize certain enzymes found in plants and create a super hybrid machine that would be super efficient if reducing the CO2 concentrations present in our atmosphere? As I understand it, even the most sufficient plants have relatively low photosynthesis efficiency . . .

What do you see as negative about CO2? At 180 ppm photosynthesis of plants shuts down. At 250 plant growth was being severely limited. Returning CO2 to the atmosphere greatly increased photosynthesis and all over the world food is blooming in large quantities. And with increased plant growth is greatly increased animal growth. All over the world once threatened species are growing in increasing numbers.

The only problem with CO2 increasing is a false theory of global warming being caused by it and not simply by an increase in solar output. This is being taken up by people who read an article in Popular Science or on PBS written by a man whose previous experience with science was mixing vinegar and baking soda to make foam.

When you heard or read that "97% of all scientists believe in Anthropogenic Global Warming" that should have been a dead give-away because you couldn't get 97% of scientists to agree to the frequency of the color red.

Man-made climate change is a complete and total hoax. Though watching people who know nothing about science telling us about it is almost like watching a stand up comedian telling us about his sex life.
12-12-2017 00:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
CarbonIsBad wrote:

Why do you feel you need to reduce CO2? It doesn't have the capability to warm the Earth.

It just seems to me that plants do pretty good at manufacturing their own food supply from nothing but sunlight, CO2, and water.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 12-12-2017 00:16

Join the debate Artificial Photosynthesis to Save the World?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Only The Old Religions Can Save This Civilization From Total Collapse Destruction003-11-2023 02:36
The Technology Team & Some Entities Was, Are Preventing The Messiah To Save The World1702-08-2023 06:23
If Do Not Receive Support Next 120 Hours , My Conditions To Save This World Will Raise413-07-2023 05:43
Quantum Light Experiment Proves Photosynthesis Starts with a Single Photon1522-06-2023 23:00
artificial intelligence8106-06-2023 23:46
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact