Remember me
▼ Content

Are you a theologian or scientist? Ask Karl Popper.

Page 2 of 2<12
11-10-2015 00:44
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
Yes, IBdaMann, it's quite obvious how respectful you are of others, especially when you use the Special Olympics to denigrate members of our online community here.

So, in relation to the actual topic of this thread, would Karl Popper think you're more like a theologian, more like a scientist, or more like this:

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!
11-10-2015 00:50
(779)
IBdaMann wrote:

So if you are for massively increased international cooperation, peace, productivity, safety, security and many other things we attribute to civilized society, on a global scale, without being a hypocrite, then you need to be a fan of the US Defense Department. You can't put a price on that kind of investment in humanity.

I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself...

11-10-2015 02:31
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14404)
trafn wrote:I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself...

It is always acceptable to point out the ways in which our Defense Department should be improved.

Your previous point concerning the vast expense of the DoD is completely valid. You wander into invalid territory when you deny everything that vast expense is buying. Nonetheless you are a public champion whenever you can point out how we can achieve all the results we want/need while trimming undesirable results and cutting into that vast expense required to fund them.

My priority would be to first get a handle on all of the accounting. Currently that's not possible, and change cannot happen until we can account for money all the way from Congressional appropriation to execution.

Also, remember, the military has no say in the military. If you have a beef with the military, your beef is with Congress. They routinely reject the recommendations of Joint Chiefs and require the DoD to spend money in manners that align with constituencies instead of any operational requirements. Ask me why the SOUTHAF HQ building has a copper roof.

(Google satellite view of: 32.189263, -110.872738)

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-10-2015 02:35
(779)
This is just a suggestion, but perhaps you might wish to review the context of my prior post and, therefore, its intended meaning which is not about fiscal accountability, but about moral responsibility (or the lack thereof).

11-10-2015 03:50
(14404)
trafn wrote: This is just a suggestion, but perhaps you might wish to review the context of my prior post and, therefore, its intended meaning which is not about fiscal accountability, but about moral responsibility (or the lack thereof).

No need. I understand where you're coming from, which is why I made the comment I made about invalid territory. I understand the hatred for militaries in your political zone.

Remember, I was giving you my counter-position. I question the fiscal parameters of everything, especially those involved in taxation.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-10-2015 04:32
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
I wonder how IBdaMANN!!!! came to confuse the ideologically driven quack pseudoscience written by a lawyer like Albert Miatello from the little band of Sky Dragon Slayers at http://www.principia-scientific.org/, with actual science?

http://principia-scientific.org/publications/PSI_Miatello_Refutation_GHE.pdf

I wonder when IBdaMANNNN! first received the revelation that he, as someone uneducated in any field of science, had a much clearer understanding of physics than all the world's physicists and that they are all wrong and he is right? It's truly amazing.

I bet his story is fascinating.

Edited on 11-10-2015 04:57
11-10-2015 06:39
(14404)
Ceist wrote:I wonder when IBdaMANNNN! first received the revelation that he, as someone uneducated in any field of science, had a much clearer understanding of physics than all the world's physicists and that they are all wrong and he is right? It's truly amazing.

There's a guy on another board named litesong who babbles much more confusingly than you. If gibberish is your thing, which it looks like it very well might be, you should look into some of his posts and glean a few pointers.

11-10-2015 08:10
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
NON-RESPONSE: please feel free to go sit in the corner with a tube of hemorrhoid ointment.

To other posters, please feel free to use this image....

Edited on 11-10-2015 08:46
11-10-2015 15:13
(14404)
Ceist wrote: NON-RESPONSE: please feel free to go sit in the corner with a tube of hemorrhoid ointment.

Your picture is awesome! I think you adequately capture your religious viewpoint with a mixture of display of scientific illiteracy and nice mockery of the science that threatens you. Oh, and the fact that you felt I was worth the time to create such a product is quite the compliment. Thanks.

All in all you make my point for me better than I could have done so myself.

11-10-2015 16:39
(779)
@IBdaMann

Trafn's suggestion of the day:

What's the best way to respond to you when you routinely employ Religion, Repetitiveness and Redundancy, the preferred Three R's of the climate science illiterate? By not responding! Simply suggest that you go sit in the corner where all immaturely behaving children belong, like this:

NON-RESPONSE: please feel free to go sit in the corner!

Edited on 11-10-2015 16:42
11-10-2015 18:51
EarthlingProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(107)
trafn wrote:I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself...

You must try harder not to.

"We have a vested interest in creating panic, because then money will flow to climate science." John Christy
11-10-2015 20:28
climate scientist
★★☆☆☆
(257)
I think you adequately capture your religious viewpoint with a mixture of display of scientific illiteracy and nice mockery of the science that threatens you

No science being mocked here. Just you.

Ceist - thanks for making the image, trust me, the effort was worth it!
12-10-2015 00:09
(779)
Earthling - Yes, I think in the future I'm going to try and stay on topic and not respond when others decide they want to go off topic. Even if you don't think it exists, there's just too much interesting and important information to share about M2C2 to engage in irrelevant posts.

12-10-2015 06:37
(14404)
trafn wrote:
@IBdaMann

Trafn's suggestion of the day:

What's the best way to respond to you when you routinely employ Religion, Repetitiveness and Redundancy, the preferred Three R's of the climate science illiterate? By not responding! Simply suggest that you go sit in the corner where all immaturely behaving children belong, like this:

NON-RESPONSE: please feel free to go sit in the corner!

12-10-2015 22:06
(779)
@IBdaMann,

Anyone clicking on this thread, especially a newcomer, is likely to be looking for information about its original topic. Unfortunately, like many threads, due to recent posts here, they're going to find it has gone off topic into other areas and make it unlikely they will want to join the discussion.

While these other areas are of interest, it would be best to address them in a separate thread where they are the original topic and, therefore, on topic. For an example of this, see:

A better way to post on Climate-debate.com

I think this will help us to draw more newcomers into the conversations here and make this website more interesting for everyone!

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Are you a theologian or scientist? Ask Karl Popper.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
not a climate scientist but just had an idea1907-02-2021 06:25
Should climate scientist try to regrow the glacial maximum dropping sea levels11031-01-2021 16:44
Questions for IBDM: 1) about Karl Marx411-03-2020 19:16
The most honest climate scientist among the most dishonest climate scientists203-09-2019 04:38
An alternative theory from a non-scientist529-04-2019 18:28
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact