▼ Content

(31st Oct) Webinar: How to help farmers become climate smart

(31st Oct) Webinar: How to help farmers become climate smart24-10-2017 13:21
Liz-Sharma
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
When: 31st October 2017, 4 pm - 6 pm CET
Register: bit.ly/ifawebinar3110

Climate change is pushing our food and farming systems to their limits. By 2050, 9.7 billion mouths must be fed, while rising temperatures and more frequent extreme weather events threaten crop production worldwide.

This free webinar will showcase concrete solutions to climate change adaptation and mitigation that the fertilizer industry and its partners are investing in, to help farmers become "climate-smart" and reduce global greenhouse gas emissions.

The International Fertilizer Association (IFA), International Plant Nutrition Institute (IPNI) and the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) will bring together leading experts in soil health and management from across the globe to discuss the latest innovations in their region that are already contributing to the global response to food insecurity and climate change.
Attached image:

24-10-2017 15:56
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Oh gosh, the timing of this webitar is so unfortunate. On a normal year, the whitetail deer mating season doesn't begin until around Nov 6th. But with climate change and all that, the cold temperatures have come early this year, and those big bucks will be on their feet chasing does. So sorry, I will be in my tree stand trying to arrow one of these great Iowa beasts during your webitar.

Can I record it and watch it later?
24-10-2017 17:58
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Sorry, Liz Sharma. This website (more accurately, webcyst) was created to deny AGW & have many racists. That is why so many posters are like "old sick silly sleepy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gazzzed & guzzzling".
24-10-2017 23:15
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Liz-Sharma wrote:

Climate change
Define 'climate change' or 'global warming' without using circular definitions. Your webinar is a religious event.
Liz-Sharma wrote:
is pushing our food and farming systems to their limits.

Out food and farming systems are doing just fine. Sure, there are areas where overuse of water or something like that has occurred, but that's more an issue of farming practices, not farming changing due to weather.
Liz-Sharma wrote:
By 2050, 9.7 billion mouths must be fed,
I bet you used your best crystal ball to determine that number too.
Liz-Sharma wrote:
while rising temperatures

It is not possible to determine the temperature of the Earth. You don't know what global temperatures are doing.
Liz-Sharma wrote:
and more frequent extreme weather events
There aren't any. Just the usual storms. May I suggest you look up places like the National Hurricane Center historical archives? Perhaps the individual station logs of most U.S. weather stations?
Liz-Sharma wrote:
threaten crop production worldwide.
Crop production is fine. Food prices are good. They indicate there is no problem with crop production other than the usual wars.
Liz-Sharma wrote:
This free webinar will showcase concrete solutions to climate change adaptation and mitigation...

There is no problem to solve. There is no problem to mitigate.

There is no such thing as a 'greenhouse' gas. Carbon dioxide has no special properties.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2017 07:36
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Into the Night wrote:
Liz-Sharma wrote:

Climate change
Define 'climate change' or 'global warming' without using circular definitions. Your webinar is a religious event.
Liz-Sharma wrote:
is pushing our food and farming systems to their limits.

Out food and farming systems are doing just fine. Sure, there are areas where overuse of water or something like that has occurred, but that's more an issue of farming practices, not farming changing due to weather.
Liz-Sharma wrote:
By 2050, 9.7 billion mouths must be fed,
I bet you used your best crystal ball to determine that number too.
Liz-Sharma wrote:
while rising temperatures

It is not possible to determine the temperature of the Earth. You don't know what global temperatures are doing.
Liz-Sharma wrote:
and more frequent extreme weather events
There aren't any. Just the usual storms. May I suggest you look up places like the National Hurricane Center historical archives? Perhaps the individual station logs of most U.S. weather stations?
Liz-Sharma wrote:
threaten crop production worldwide.
Crop production is fine. Food prices are good. They indicate there is no problem with crop production other than the usual wars.
Liz-Sharma wrote:
This free webinar will showcase concrete solutions to climate change adaptation and mitigation...

There is no problem to solve. There is no problem to mitigate.

There is no such thing as a 'greenhouse' gas. Carbon dioxide has no special properties.

Parrot, you just say the same things your master taught you, over and over again.

Did it occur to you that the reason our food supply is so good is because of knowledgeable practices? It didn't get that way because of people who were comfortable with how things were. It got that way because of people who saw opportunities for improvement, and took them, like this poor misguided spammer is doing.

And again, all your bull shit is just that. Bull shit. You don't know anything about Climate Change, Global Warming or Greenhouse Gases. You can't even figure out how to define them, much less understand them. So why don't you go find your blanky and take a nap. We will handle it.

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leftbehind/index.php
01-11-2017 17:31
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
[b]GreenMan wrote:

Did it occur to you that the reason our food supply is so good is because of knowledgeable practices? It didn't get that way because of people who were comfortable with how things were. It got that way because of people who saw opportunities for improvement, and took them....

I believe you called this greed when referring to Walmart and corporations of the like.....but when it's food production it's it's all good. OK, got it. Paradox.
01-11-2017 20:17
(21559)
GreenMan wrote:
Parrot, you just say the same things your master taught you, over and over again.

No one tells me what to say. You just keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Inversion fallacy.
GreenMan wrote:
Did it occur to you that the reason our food supply is so good is because of knowledgeable practices?

You should really get out of the city more.
GreenMan wrote:
It didn't get that way because of people who were comfortable with how things were.

True. It got that way because of people like me, producing better things for a better world.
GreenMan wrote:
It got that way because of people who saw opportunities for improvement, and took them,
Yup. Just what I do.
GreenMan wrote:
And again, all your bull shit is just that. Bull shit.
Argument of the Stone.
GreenMan wrote:
You don't know anything about Climate Change,

Define 'climate change' without using circular definitions.
GreenMan wrote:
Global Warming
Define 'global warming' without using circular definitions.
GreenMan wrote:
or Greenhouse Gases.
There are no 'greenhouse' gases.
GreenMan wrote:
You can't even figure out how to define them, much less understand them.
Inversion fallacy. It is YOU that can't define them. I'm not trying to define them!
GreenMan wrote:
So why don't you go find your blanky and take a nap. We will handle it.

Handle what? Something YOU can't define???

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2017 20:20
(21559)
GasGuzzler wrote:
[b]GreenMan wrote:

Did it occur to you that the reason our food supply is so good is because of knowledgeable practices? It didn't get that way because of people who were comfortable with how things were. It got that way because of people who saw opportunities for improvement, and took them....

I believe you called this greed when referring to Walmart and corporations of the like.....but when it's food production it's it's all good. OK, got it. Paradox.

Good call. That's exactly what it is.

The Parrot Killer

07-11-2017 16:36
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
GreenMan wrote: So why don't you go find your blanky and take a nap.

Ah, you agree with me, the descriptions & names are accurate about....... "old sick silly SLEEPY sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiners"..... oh, yeah.... include "many time threateners", too.
Edited on 07-11-2017 16:38

Join the debate (31st Oct) Webinar: How to help farmers become climate smart:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Purpose of the Internet and Smart Devices?027-01-2024 18:44
Book "The Science Of God, Smart Leaders, How To Cultivate Intelligent To Become Boss, God"517-10-2022 19:04
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact