Remember me
▼ Content

2016 hottest year on record

2016 hottest year on record18-01-2017 20:32
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
http://time.com/4637064/2016-hottest-year-on-record/

Thought I would just leave that out there.

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
18-01-2017 23:56
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
spot wrote:....2016-hottest-year-on-record....

.... as were 2015 & 2014....3 years in a row. 2017 Arctic sea ice extent has a good chance to remain under 14 million square kilometers.....as did 2015 & 2014....3 years in a row.... good chance!
13-02-2017 17:06
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
spot wrote:....2016-hottest-year-on-record....

.... as were 2015 & 2014....3 years in a row. 2017 Arctic sea ice extent has a good chance to remain under 14 million square kilometers.....as did 2015 & 2014....3 years in a row.... good chance!

STILL..... 2017 Arctic sea ice extent has a chance to remain under 14 million square kilometers, tho it is very close to 2016, which just barely squeaked under 14 mill. KM2.....as did 2015 & 2014....3 years in a row.... a chance!
13-02-2017 19:15
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Spot - they didn't mention a few things: That the highest temperature recorded on actual thermometers was in 1908 and that this "record" was arrived at by using present satellite mapping and "correction" to present day thermometers which are mostly now in highly populated areas.

They ALSO didn't mention that with that .01 degree "record" that the error bars were 1/2 of a degree F.

Like everything else from Time/Newsweek nothing but propagandized garbage is pouring.

And I'll ask you again: What are YOU prepared to do to limit energy production? Are you willing to have your car destroyed and ride to work all year around on a bicycle or your feet? Are you willing to have commercial aircraft and public transportation totally shut down since these systems consume approximately 40% of the energy consumed by transportation systems? Are you willing to have your home heater and air conditioner removed to lower your own consumption of energy? Are you willing to cover immense agricultural areas with solar cells or windmill farms which totally destroy the environment where they are placed?

With all of your whining exactly WHAT are you actually willing to do besides assume that a Big Brother government could FORCE everyone else but you to do these things?
13-02-2017 19:51
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Wake, so glad you found the time to resurrect this thread, the point of it still stands. I see you don't like the source however they were just reporting the findings of the agencies tasked with monitoring world temperature. As for you claims I see you provide no evidence and no reason to believe it, they are inconsistent with what is known. I might as well have a bad tempered argument with the nutter on the bus that thinks the Loch Ness monster is real.

I ride a bike where I can and do try and recycle and be aware of how much energy I use so my carbon footprint is probably below average, I still manage to have a good quality of life despite that. I think a good start is not to listen to pathological lairs when it comes to energy policy.
14-02-2017 02:12
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
spot wrote:
Wake, so glad you found the time to resurrect this thread, the point of it still stands. I see you don't like the source however they were just reporting the findings of the agencies tasked with monitoring world temperature. As for you claims I see you provide no evidence and no reason to believe it, they are inconsistent with what is known. I might as well have a bad tempered argument with the nutter on the bus that thinks the Loch Ness monster is real.

I ride a bike where I can and do try and recycle and be aware of how much energy I use so my carbon footprint is probably below average, I still manage to have a good quality of life despite that. I think a good start is not to listen to pathological lairs when it comes to energy policy.

In short, you are prepared to do NOTHING that will inconvenience you but are perfectly willing to tell others they MUST.

Ride a bike indeed! A mile and a half on a bicycle in the summer each month is not riding a bike.
14-02-2017 09:12
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
More like 7 miles in winter, every day fatass I'm just saying it can be done.
14-02-2017 18:28
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
spot wrote:

What make and model of bicycle was that again?
14-02-2017 18:39
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
I have been claiming that the "record temperatures" are nothing but BS.

So why don't you read the scientists working for NASA and NOAA saying the same thing?

https://tinyurl.com/mt3ach9
15-02-2017 01:11
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Wake wrote:
spot wrote:

What make and model of bicycle was that again?

What the hell would that prove, its hardly a superhuman feat.

I had it made actually.

Anyway on your claims in temperature, I know the denialsphere is creaming its pants over a politically motivated hatchet job at the moment but the rest of the world is not so excited.
We have seen this sort of thing before It will change nothing its not relevant to people who are interested in what is really going on in the real world.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2017/02/serving-up-a-noaa-thing-burger/

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
15-02-2017 01:15
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs: the "record temperatures" are nothing but BS.

We know how you lie.... & how poor your arithmetic is...:
///////
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs:... Crazy Horse....was killed trying to escape prison.
///////
litesong wrote:
Correction: Crazy Horse....was killed while in custody & unarmed. It was the only way that guards could kill him......because transplanted euros are terrible soldiers. If Native Tribal warriors could get enough firearms to arm only 10% of warriors, Native Tribes won battles..... because transplanted euros are terrible soldiers. & where could Native Tribes get firearms? From unpatriotic & money hungry transplanted euros....because transplanted euros are terrible soldiers. It cost $1 million to kill one Native Tribal warrior...because transplanted euros are terrible soldiers. Of course, transplanted euros added unarmed Native Tribal babies, children & women in the statistics... because transplanted euros are terrible soldiers.
15-02-2017 01:38
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs: What make and model of bicycle...

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" likes any make & model of bicycle....just remove the padded seat. The higher the seat post, the more it likes it.

Join the debate 2016 hottest year on record:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Happy New Year1203-01-2024 02:16
July 4, 2023 - Hottest day ever recorded20125-12-2023 14:11
86 year old Jane Fonda will only date men in their 20's. Whew I'm safe204-12-2023 03:58
The retards at FOX news claim 74 year old rapist teacher faces 600 years behind bars004-08-2023 23:48
17 year old cyclist murdered, do not expect the law to investigate, as the cyclist is always at fault031-07-2023 22:23
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact