Remember me
▼ Content

16 Things Colleges Are Doing to HARM the Environment

16 Things Colleges Are Doing to HARM the Environment09-05-2018 15:31
RenaissanceMan
★☆☆☆☆
(97)
1. They consume billions of dollars (scarce resources) to teach impressionable minds lots of useless crap (along with some good stuff).

2. Kids and professors drive billions of miles, consuming that NASTY fossil fuel to learn useless crap and become brainwashed in leftist ideology in the process.

3. College professors take hundreds of thousands of sabbaticals, burning millions of gallons of fossil fuel, for nothing. They could study at home, or online, or with books.

4. College professors take thousands of field trips and *research* trips burning NASTY fossil fuel to *prove* "climate change" yet again. Ultimate hypocrisy.

5. Colleges have free shuttles driving kiddies all over the place, when they could walk or ride a bike or use a skateboard. More wastefulness of NASTY fossil fuel.

6. Colleges have expensive sports programs, bussing and flying kiddies and their coaches all over the world. Stay at home and practice in your own city with nearby colleges.

7. Fans of expensive college sports programs burn millions of gallons of NASTY fossil fuel to come and watch their teams play.

8. Plays and activities of all manner consume MILLIONS of gallons of NASTY fossil fuel when they could do them by internet.

You add 9 through 16. It won't be hard to think of many other examples.
08-08-2019 23:40
RenaissanceMan
★☆☆☆☆
(97)
A very uncreative bunch here.
05-05-2022 12:15
ellisael
☆☆☆☆☆
(10)
Any good Earth Science textbook would agree with the veracity of the above post. It really bewilders me what might the climate change deniers be still holding on to.
06-05-2022 01:37
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
To have the alleged anthropogenic climate altering you have to have the warming.When is the warming going to come back as it has most certainly reversed.The same instruments used to claim the Earth was warming are now showing it cooling.A bit of extra CO2 is not going to do much at all.That is what I am holding on to.I have had my CO2 meter for over a year and it is showing a decline locally.I live in Perth WA and our emissions' have dropped over the last 20 years as we use Natural gas turbines instead of coal fired boilers for power and a lot of houses have solar and sell power back to the grid so we need less generated power.Problem solved why do you think its all to late.Its Autumn but feels like late spring.Cool in the evenings and warm sunny days with light breezes.What makes you think this will change if CO2 was the issue we have stopped making it
08-05-2022 21:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
ellisael wrote:
Any good Earth Science textbook would agree with the veracity of the above post. It really bewilders me what might the climate change deniers be still holding on to.

There is no branch of science called 'Earth'. Science is not a textbook.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-05-2022 21:40
(21559)
duncan61 wrote:
To have the alleged anthropogenic climate altering you have to have the warming.When is the warming going to come back as it has most certainly reversed.The same instruments used to claim the Earth was warming are now showing it cooling.

What instruments??? It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. You are making shit up again.
duncan61 wrote:
A bit of extra CO2 is not going to do much at all.

Zero. Nada. Zilch. Nan. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm or cool the Earth. You cannot create energy out of nothing. You cannot destroy energy into nothing. You are still ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics.
duncan61 wrote:
That is what I am holding on to.I have had my CO2 meter for over a year and it is showing a decline locally.I live in Perth WA and our emissions' have dropped over the last 20 years as we use Natural gas turbines instead of coal fired boilers for power and a lot of houses have solar and sell power back to the grid so we need less generated power.Problem solved why do you think its all to late.

What is The Problem that you 'solved'??
duncan61 wrote:
Its Autumn but feels like late spring.

Perception.
duncan61 wrote:
Cool in the evenings and warm sunny days with light breezes.What makes you think this will change if CO2 was the issue we have stopped making it

So...you are dead? No one lights a fire anymore? You have no wildfires in Australia anymore? There are no animals alive in Australia anymore? So burning natural gas does not produce CO2??

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-05-2022 12:36
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
To have the alleged anthropogenic climate altering you have to have the warming.When is the warming going to come back as it has most certainly reversed.The same instruments used to claim the Earth was warming are now showing it cooling.

What instruments??? It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. You are making shit up again.
duncan61 wrote:

Zero. Nada. Zilch. Nan. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm or cool the Earth. You cannot create energy out of nothing. You cannot destroy energy into nothing. You are still ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics.
duncan61 wrote:
That is what I am holding on to.I have had my CO2 meter for over a year and it is showing a decline locally.I live in Perth WA and our emissions' have dropped over the last 20 years as we use Natural gas turbines instead of coal fired boilers for power and a lot of houses have solar and sell power back to the grid so we need less generated power.Problem solved why do you think its all to late.

duncan61 wrote:

Perception.
duncan61 wrote:
Cool in the evenings and warm sunny days with light breezes.What makes you think this will change if CO2 was the issue we have stopped making it

So...you are dead? No one lights a fire anymore? You have no wildfires in Australia anymore? There are no animals alive in Australia anymore? So burning natural gas does not produce CO2??

I was answering ellisaels question as to what I am holding on to as a denier

The people who claim to be measuring the temperature are university east anglia climate research unit,NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies and some others who gather all the data from every where they can then analyse it all and try to find anomalies which of course they do.The latest wildly inaccurate data shows the Earth is cooling so over the last 20 years homogenising was introduced to continue to show warming.They can only fake it for so long

duncan61
26-05-2022 18:37
(21559)
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

duncan61 wrote:

duncan61 wrote:

duncan61 wrote:

Perception.
duncan61 wrote:

I was answering ellisaels question as to what I am holding on to as a denier

The people who claim to be measuring the temperature are university east anglia climate research unit,NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies and some others who gather all the data from every where they can then analyse it all and try to find anomalies which of course they do.The latest wildly inaccurate data shows the Earth is cooling so over the last 20 years homogenising was introduced to continue to show warming.They can only fake it for so long

Math errors: Failure to declare and justify variance. Failure to publish margin of error with summary. Failure to select by randN. Failure to normalize by paired randR. Use of void or unpublished data. Failure to use unbiased raw data.

Neither the East Anglia Climate Research Unit, nor NASA have any data. Random numbers are not data.

The Parrot Killer

12-07-2022 05:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14378)
duncan61 wrote:I was answering ellisaels question as to what I am holding on to as a denier

You're not a denier. You're a full-on believer.

You just happen to attribute Global Warming to gravity instead of to CO2, a superficial and totally trivial distinction.

duncan61 wrote:... and some others who gather all the data from every where they can then analyse it all and try to find anomalies which of course they do.

Nope. There is no "The Data" that is being collected. This is why there has never been any "The Data" published on the internet and scrutinized by people like me.

There just isn't any "The Data" because it is impossible to measure the temperature of the earth to any usable margin of error.

Not possible.

There is no "The Data".

duncan61 wrote:The latest wildly inaccurate data shows ...

You have to be very gullible to believe that there exists any "latest data" to even be wildly inaccurate.

18-02-2024 00:30
RenaissanceMan
★☆☆☆☆
(97)
ellisael wrote:

Let me help you out:

http://Climate-Change-Cult.blogspot.com

YOU to your doctor: "Doctor, I'm depressed."
Doctor: "Why?"
YOU: "Because of that the weather will be like in thirty years, maybe. At least they tell me."
18-02-2024 01:51
RenaissanceMan
★☆☆☆☆
(97)
ellisael wrote:

Let me help you out:

http://Climate-Change-Cult.blogspot.com

YOU to your doctor: "Doctor, I'm depressed."
Doctor: "Why?"
YOU: "Because of that the weather will be like in thirty years, maybe. At least they tell me."
18-02-2024 04:40
James_
★★★★★
(2152)
ellisael wrote:

The problem might be that if I "know" something, why did "legitimate" forums ban me? My website; https://climate-cycling.com/

Join the debate 16 Things Colleges Are Doing to HARM the Environment:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
Chatbots sometimes make things up. Is AI's hallucination problem fixable?503-08-2023 13:20
Training Course on climate change adaptation in a changing environment3516-06-2023 15:26
The Fastest Way To End The Virus Pandemic Is Using The North Korea Strategy, Policy & Environment010-08-2021 03:22
EU expansion and other things514-06-2021 06:17
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact